FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... Last

Style Icon
    Burgundy shirt, charcoal v-neck, and you preferred choice of trousers/jeans?

Ah chinos & loafers is a good shout. Not sure the weather's quite there though yet.

paired it with plain black shirt, that would look like much better.

Recently bought these chino shorts from River Island:

This may sound extremely stupid, but it's a strange colour, definitely more purple than red. I've never used this colour before so what do you recommend to wear with them?

On a side note, they finish just above the knee, but seem a little baggy (might just be me), should i roll them or leave them as shown above?

Probably one of the simplest/most idiotic questions you've been asked here, but i'm genuinely stuck!!

Thanks.

Style Icon
    They'd go well with shades of blue and grey I think.

And definitely roll them. IMHO it looks a lot better! Nice shorts too.

Sam

Style Icon
    They sound like a good fit - roll them if you like but it's not essential.
    And I have a pair of trousers in that colour - even bearing in mind what you said. Fact is, they go with just about anything. Break yourself in easy with a denim jacket (roll up the sleeves), a tee or henley, and a pair of loafers. (Penny, tassel or, if you're daring, clasp. No socks.)

And don't worry about "stupid questions" - they don't exist. There are no rights or wrongs in style... just James Dean and Not James Dean.

Well, except black trousers and brown shoes.
    That's wrong.

Thanks guys, that's really good advice!

You're right about them being versatile Sam, i accidently (case of mistake identity, thought it was a blue chambray when i pulled it out) threw on a green oxford shirt with them before which i thought looked good. That or i committed a cardinal sin to fashion!! Either way, i'm quite happy with them.

Thanks again for the input, i'll be using that soon for summer.

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Menswear/Categories/Shoes-boots/Loafers/Casual/James-Penny-loafers_690-10004-2979184209/?cm_mmc=PPC-_-Google-_-PlusBox-_-Grenson&_%24ja%3Dkw%3A{keyword}|cgn%3Apla%C2%AC154 66754|tsid%3A33956|cn%3Apla%C2%AC15466754|mt%3A{Ma tchType}|crid%3A19879381294 Got a pair of loafers in Topman that are near identical to these ones, and tho I love them, bit wary of what to wear. They don't go as well with the trousers I had in mind for them. Any thoughts? I'm guessing I need a decent cuff and probably no socks? I am quite a big fan of wearing a good sock where possible tho. I also have v skinny ankles which sometimes makes no socks look a bit odd.

sorry for the garbled message and link, my browser is doing funny things with the text box which i've never seen before on here...

Sam

Style Icon
    I assume you mean these? Cracking pair of shoes mate.

Sockless would be the first port of call, yes. If you must wear socks, shoot for preppy block and pastel colours, perhaps in, say, an argyle pattern.

C
    hinos in most colours would be a solid choice, trousers-wise.
    This only applies if you go sockless, but how about a pair of white trousers? They seem to be a pretty popular Spring/Summer option here on the forums.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... Last