FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... Last

I'd go for a brown, camel or grey jacket. A black biker jacket could also work imo

Style Icon
    The black biker is a good shout. I have this All Saints beauty...

That should work a treat

I often wear my blue All Saints floral shirt with my Biker Jacket. The ruggedness of the jacket vs the floral shirt works well imo.

Style Icon
    I did what you said and it looked awesome. Cheers mate!

Trend Setter
    Ok guys some help please!

Have had these since Christmas (bought in sale)

I want to wear these for work but I have no idea what to wear them with. I think brown shoes are the way forward and brown belt?

But what shirt and tie? I have to wear a tie unfortunately so there's no way round that (though it would make it a lot easier).

I was thinking maybe a light blue shirt and navy tie? But in my head it looks silly.

I really struggle with lighter coloured trousers and how to pair them with the top half.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Fashionisto
    In my head a dark olive green shirt along with brown shoes+belt would look quite nice. I rarely wear ties though so I'll leave that to the others. Maybe a white shirt with a dark green tie instead.

Jay

Style Icon
    They look a bit too casual for work to be honest; I'd get very funny looks at the office dressed in those. Assuming that in your work environment they are doable, I'd still avoid the dark olive green shirt suggestion. To keep some level of formality to your work outfit, keep the shirt lighter than the trousers. And in this case, I'd stick with white. The dark green tie isn't a bad shout though.

Style Icon
    If your work-place is fairly casual, you could opt for a shirt like this: https://www.reissonline.com/shop/mens/shirts/rake/navy
    And then, perhaps, a tie to match (this does work, although it looks better with a navy suit) https://www.reissonline.com/shop/men...s/morton/blue/ or even a tie to match the trouser-colour, or perhaps a splash of colour like maroon (preferably knitted).

It really is difficult to match with such light trousers, though. As Jay says, it probably is best to stick to a white shirt.

tajdon
    @Aneres, I think it would look good with a pair of white loafers

Last edited by tajdon; 31-05-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Need some help selecting shoes to go with a black suit, could go for black but would Oxblood work too?

Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... Last