FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... Last

Yo

RE my earlier post, it's these trousers

That working now?

Style Icon
    I don't think your planned outfit would work very well, Pins. The point of patterns for me is that they either work as a stand-out piece themselves; subtly compliment an outfit; or work well with a second pattern. I can't see those trousers working well with camouflage: the outfit, to me, would look like you're trying too hard. Especially when worn with a V-neck and tassel-loafers.

I think this is a great example of two patterns working well together, mainly because the shades of colour are quite uniform:
    Print | Five Ways To Wear | The Journal*|*MR PORTER

Otherwise, simplicity is best, I think, when wearing print-trousers.
    Last edited by _Ben_; 17-06-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Grammar

Interesting... In my head it works with the camo but we will see when they turn up

The Mr. Porter image is great, will have to keep an eye out for patterned tees in complementary colours.

Do you think black tassel loafers will be too much for them regardless of the rest of the outfit? What other footwear can you see working?

Style Icon
    Oh I think Tassel loafers are fine! Just with an outfit which could potentially border on being a bit OTT, the tassels might make it more distracting.

I'd have to see your outfit in the flesh to truly decide. But I do think the camo would clash. As the Mr Porter image shows, when you mix prints and the colours harmonise, it creates a great look.

Yep, agreed on that one. I have a few plain burgundy tees and one burgundy / navy striped number, so I will definitely be taking your concept to creation

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I think the latter look a lot better.

But really I think it's hard to beat a tan-leather pair of oxfords.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyreedwah View Post
    Tan desert boots if you don't want to opt for brogues/oxfords?
    Thanks for the advice but Iíve since sent the jeans back, they were stupidly tight!

Fashionisto
    I was looking for a bright red sweater on eBay. I stumbled on a Gant one in the closing seconds of the auction and nabbed it. Today it arrived. It isn't red. It's pink. Not even a little bit pink either. I mean BRIGHT pink. Checked the advert, it does state 'Salmon Pink', I just hadn't realised as it turned up under the 'Red' filter (it seems eBay consider Pink to be both it's own colour and a shade of Red).

Any ideas on what to wear with it? The seller advertised it correctly so it's not his fault, it's mine and eBay's so I'll be keeping it. Pink isn't a colour I've ever touched though and this is hardly a subtle introduction...

I just tried it on with a white shirt, grey blazer, navy jeans and some white trainers and it looks good. Still a bit 'erm...' about wearing it though.
    Last edited by McPhee; 19-06-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Pink is wicked mate, just embrace it!

Post a pic if you still need advice

Fashionisto
    Will do. I guess I'm a little scared of it as bright colours are out of my comfort zone as it is; I was trying to break myself in gently by going with reds and greens, colours that I know how to work with (I've been making a mental note of how to use them from various blogs/mags/sites). Having a surprise pink sweater turn up threw me.

Well you could always put it back on eBay, but I say go with it!

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... Last