FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... Last

Trend Setter
    Hey guys, I was thinking of getting some wool trousers for AW12. (I'm 17, so this type of smart trouser and a drop crotch cut would be suitable to tone down the formality a bit)

ASOS | ASOS Drop Crotch Wool Trouser with Knee Patch at ASOS

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1764886

So if I had to get one or the other, which would be more versatile? (I'm thinking it's the grey, right?)
    Any ideas what I could wear on top? So far I'm thinking about casual crew neck tshirts and jumpers)

Lastly, would some beige Clarks Desert Boots work with either of these trousers?

Reference: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...e0k7o1_500.jpg

Cheers!
    Last edited by malti001; 29-08-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Hi what goes well with red shoes? I have red topsiders but I can never wear them!

Fashionisto
    Just bought this...

Not sure what to wear on my lower half? Chinos? Jeans? Colours? Etc...

Any thoughts?

Nat

Style Icon
    Mate, that is lovely. Is that purple? If so, I would let it stand as a statement piece, and keep the rest of the outfit subtle. White jeans/chinos and some loafers would be good (though maybe a bit summery).

I got some grey slim fit cords from all saints recently that would look good with it too I think

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Mate, that is lovely. Is that purple? If so, I would let it stand as a statement piece, and keep the rest of the outfit subtle. White jeans/chinos and some loafers would be good (though maybe a bit summery).

I got some grey slim fit cords from all saints recently that would look good with it too I think
    It's "Oxblood" (in AllSaints terms!) i'd say its like a purple/maroon, yet its not too in your face. Dead soft too! I really like All Saints without going overboard (besides, the low neck tees dont suit me!), and have a pair of sand/beige chinos from there that i think will work. So, with your suggestion too i think lighter colours would go nicely... would indigo go?

Fashionisto
    I can't see standard jeans working particularly well with that, but perhaps a grey pair would be good. I'd try the beige chinos with it, especially as an autumn option, but in my opinion the perfect winter combination would be black trousers.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpedUpKicks View Post
    It's "Oxblood" (in AllSaints terms!) i'd say its like a purple/maroon, yet its not too in your face. Dead soft too! I really like All Saints without going overboard (besides, the low neck tees dont suit me!), and have a pair of sand/beige chinos from there that i think will work. So, with your suggestion too i think lighter colours would go nicely... would indigo go?
    I think indigo would look a bit clashy with a jacket of that colour. That's not my thing, but some people can rock slightly contrasting colours and look good.

Agree with Paul B that black is another good shout, and obviously your stone chinos will work. You have options!

When you wear it, chuck up a pic on the "look what I'm wearing today" thread. Would be good to see how it works in reality

Loving my new tweed trousers but what to match them with. Brogues seem a must (tan / brown), but stuggling with the rest. Blazer? Tank top? White shirt? Am 33 btw.

grey flecked casual trouser - casual trousers - trousers - men - River Island

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by mattday View Post
    Loving my new tweed trousers but what to match them with. Brogues seem a must (tan / brown), but stuggling with the rest. Blazer? Tank top? White shirt? Am 33 btw.

grey flecked casual trouser - casual trousers - trousers - men - River Island
    Quite like these. River Island do pleasantly surprise me from time to time.

As for an outfit, I'd keep it nice and heritage. When it gets colder, how about:

A burgundy cable knit like this one I picked up the other day (also River Island): http://riverisland.scene7.com/is/image/RiverIsland/262641_main?$CrossSellProductPage200$

Layer that over a white, button down oxford shirt.

As for a blazer, stick with blue (maybe double-breasted if you're feeling current). If you feeling something a bit more brave and even more heritage, how about a brown/tan corduroy one?

A tie is probably unneccesary for casual wear, but if you do wear one, make sure it's knitted with a square end. Grey/charcoal would work nicely.

Shoes have to be brogues, preferably boots. Some with a vibram sole, like I recently bought, look great with a layered look.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Fashionisto
    Hey guys. Hoping for some input on my outfit for tomorrow. It's a college/uni-party in a club scene (5-600 people) so not formal at all. I'm thinking about breaking out the suspenders for the first time. I was thinking about this combo:

With the sleeves done up and obviously the shirt tucked in.
    I'm pretty sure that I will leave out the tie/bowtie option to make it less dressy, I might pick up a funky bowtie tomorrow just to see though.
    Any objections so far?

Anyways, my main dilemma is the shoes. Not sure whether to go for the:
    A. Brown brogues
    B. Black boots

I'm doubting whether the brogues go with the whole image, while on the other hand I'm never sure whether the black-on-black is too matchy matchy since the pants would be roughly tucked into the boots?
    Other options I didn't leave in are navy plimsolls and black dress shoes.
    PS: I recently threw away my black jeans but if absolutely necessary I might be able to pick some up tomorrow.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by rusty; 14-09-2012 at 05:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... Last