FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... Last

Fashionisto
    @pin money:

Shorts and t-shirt??

Outside of basketball court i think you will look ridiculous. Maybe grey jeans to tone down colours?

I am wearing them with grey jeans today!

Outfit goes:
    Orange Trainers
    Light Grey Jeans (All Saints)
    Dark Grey Y-Neck tee (Topman)
    Black & White Check Shirt (All Saints)
    Dark Grey Open Cardi (All Saints)
    Black Wool Coat (Reiss)
    Grey & Black Marl Scarf (Ralph Lauren)

I was just hoping to get some ideas from other people on colours that may work etc. I've found they work quite well if countered with a touch of Burgundy. Anyone else got any thoughts?

Fashionisto
    Asos has either done me over or done me a favour and have sent me this:

Black FP V-neck (cant even find it on Asos, so i dunno what those wizards have done)

INSTEAD OF this:

Red FP V-neck

I'm willing to give it a chance however, but i want a casual look to be developed from this. So any ideas on what to wear underneath it (something collared please), and i plan on wearing my new nudies with it. Shoe colour/style recommendations would be welcome.

OR alternatively, think i should just get the red one, keep in mind i do not own a black v neck.

Sam

Style Icon
    Pins - I'm not joking when I say I'd go all out Mark Ronson/Jedward (delete as appropriate) and pair them with a sharp grey suit and a white tee. Sometimes good taste doesn't apply
    Perhaps they'd pair well with grey jeans, as noted, but I'd probably confine them to the basketball field myself! A burnt orange accent somewhere in the look might tie them in nicely though - say, a scarf? Earthy greys and neutrals look great with orange.

Was wondering if this goes for my uncles christmas do?

http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/Top...DNAV_large.jpg
    With this under it;
    http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/Top...DBLE_large.jpg

Not got enough cash to get anything new and I've not really been to a christmas do yet.. Also got that jumper in maroon. Thanks.

Fashionisto
    @ Pin Money:

If you didn't read it, there is article how to incorporate orange:

Key Autumn/Winter 2011 Colour Combinations | Fashionbeans.com

Not many people would wear those, but I think it would be wrong to jump on your creativity so I say go with them however you like!

I'm aware they are pretty outrageous guys!

I do have a burnt orange Reiss quilted overshirt... Maybe I'll go for it!

Sam- I could defo do them with a suit! Good shout!

Sam

Style Icon
    Talk about swagger Pins!

Anthony - try a shot of burgundy to warm up the black. A burgundy shirt would work nicely - as would a white shirt and a burgundy jacket, or even a burgundy scarf.
    I like how it's styled in the picture - that would work fine with your nudies. A checked shirt could be a sound move, as could any shirt with a more rugged feel - chambrays and denims, for example.
    Some might not agree - but I think a polo shirt under a jumper is fine, so that could be one to consider. White is a safe choice, as are dark, muted colours and neutrals, but be wary of anything else. This would apply to shirts too; black is deceptively difficult to wear.
    Why not consider wearing it with nothing beneath, or similarly with a scoop/deep V/vest? It's a cool look with maybe a bit of a French vibe.
    And note that for all of these, pushing up the sleeves will make the look infinitely more casual, as will leaving a button or two of your shirt (or all buttons of a polo) undone. It's not trendy - it's fashionable to button all the way up - but it's flattering, masculine and casual.
    Hopefully there's something in there that will work for you!
    Here's an example of a simple look I think might work:

Add brown shoes (brogue boots perhaps) and belt and you're sorted; an easy, refined casual look. Sub out the overcoat for, say, a duffle, and it will work just as well with a more casual feel.
    It's terribly versatile; the hardest thing about it is integrating the black, which I rarely enjoy.

Fashionisto
    Sam, honestly feel that this information was more a blessing than help. You practically covered every angle i mentioned and then some, so thank you very much for that.

In terms of what to wear, i've took your advice onboard and tried on a chambray, really plain shirt on underneath with the jeans; looked spot on. Black and white checked shirt i just so happened to find while sifting through to find the chambray shirt also was a real jewel with the jumper. White shirt worked aswell, but i think i'll save that for going out.

You piqued my interest however with the burgundy call, which is a colour i've never really thought about wearing or buying, yet its a blatant warm colour perfect for these times.

Again, thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... Last