FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... Last

Thanks for the advice fellas. They arrived today and I'm blown away by how nice they are. Bargain at 30 too. Just hope I can pull off the look. Got a few ideas now though so thanks again.

Hey guys. First post here and just looking to get some advice. I recently got this blazer and i am now looking to wear it on Christmas day.

I was thinking about wearing it with a white shirt and these jeans -

I was then thinking of rolling to bottoms up and wearing loafers without socks?

Am i on the right track or am i destroying and making the look of the blazer "tacky".

^ Sounds like a good look - I would add some chunky socks for winter appropriateness

This is my purchase for xmas day:

I've got a few ideas for outfits already (double fair isle, anyone?) but would be interested to hear any suggestions that I may not have thought of.

One idea is Green field jacket, navy cardi, white t-shirt, brown brogue boots. Reckon?

Sam

Style Icon
    Sounds legit, but I'd swap out the navy cardi for something else - seems it'd be too close to the colour of the sweats.
    What about a biker jacket and boots? Neutral base layer, zip it up, and maybe scowl a bit to get the rebel look popping
    Double fairisle would work nicely if you kept the top fairisle pattern around the shoulders area - an easy enough design to find.
    Would also consider wearing them with a short sleeved shirt and converse/adidas/whatever, get a bit of an indie kid thing going. And yeah I think you can still pull it off if you're just gone 30

btw they look fly, where they from?

Yeah I did think of rocking them with the biker jacket - it's a strong contrast of styles but I reckon it can work. Might give that a go.

Got them from House Of Fraser, they are Diesel... A bit of an extravagance but they are a unique style and I haven't been able to get them out of my head lol.

Sure they will end up half price in the sales.

I am a young 30 so it should be fine :P

Fashionisto
    I bought these nearly a year ago. Absolutely love them, they look better than they do in the picture. However I have had a problem finding stuff to go with them (footwear mainly) and its annoying. Just wondering what you guys would partner with them? I tend to wear something darker on top to compliment their lighter shade. The only pair of footwear I'd wear with them is a pair of brown boots I have.

Would look good with trainers or worker boots im, would steer clear of smarter footwear

Can see them really working with those burgundy NBs from the other thread

Ended up going ahead with my purchase and the jeans arrived today. Thankfully they were a little bit darker in person but to me, they look great with the blazer.

If i wear some socks with my loafers have you guys got any input on what colours/type/deigns? I am tempted to say some chunky knit grey?

A nice cream or light brown Roll neck would work well! also a simple sweater with a white shirt underneath woud be great as well!

To be honest! I dont think the jeans will work well with the gray blazer, try teeming with dark denim jeans and a simple white shirt, maybe a pocket square, also then roll up the jeans and wear some nice loafers! like these http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ents=category~[207294|207282]&noOfRefinements=1
    Hope i helped!

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... Last