FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtfolder View Post
    I'm looking around for another pair of boot. I saw these at a really low price on H by Hudson, am I right in thinking that they're too light to ever work with black skinny jeans?

Bressler Tan | Boots | H By Hudson

I was also looking at these, the sole seems a little thin for the time of the year though?

Aurelio Moka | Hudson Mainline
    They could be alright with faded black skinnies, depends on the rest of the look though.

Love the thin sole on the second pair but yeah, prob not best for this time of year.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    They could be alright with faded black skinnies, depends on the rest of the look though.

Love the thin sole on the second pair but yeah, prob not best for this time of year.
    Bressler Black | Boots | H By Hudson

Wasn't expecting them to but the washed black ones have come back in stock. Just pondering over them or some Clarks Originals in brown leather. I think that the Hudson's could be a versatile boot, it appeals since they're quite unique in comparison to the Clarks. Not quite 100% though.

I would be thinking that the Hudson boots would look good with basic things like:

Black skinnies
    Top man oat knit cardigan
    White Oxford shirt / denim shirt (few buttons undone up top)
    Pea coat

(Just the wardrobe basics ATM!)

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtfolder View Post
    Bressler Black | Boots | H By Hudson

Wasn't expecting them to but the washed black ones have come back in stock. Just pondering over them or some Clarks Originals in brown leather. I think that the Hudson's could be a versatile boot, it appeals since they're quite unique in comparison to the Clarks. Not quite 100% though.

I would be thinking that the Hudson boots would look good with basic things like:

Black skinnies
    Top man oat knit cardigan
    White Oxford shirt / denim shirt (few buttons undone up top)
    Pea coat

(Just the wardrobe basics ATM!)
    Yeah sounds like a solid look to me

I have a couple of pairs of Hudson boots and the quality is outstanding. I'd jump on them at that price if I were you

They have brownish bits too so will be very versatile

Vintage harris tweed

Hey all,
    So I'm new here obviously, I came here for help with this piece above. I've owned this relic for a short while and have never really been able to pull off a good look with it. It fits perfectly and I hate for it to just sit there! So i'm coming to the experts.

Any tips or help at all and you'll be my heroes!

WHat color jeans for dArk bRown Leather boOts?

Hi
    I'm new here,
    I am going to buy a new pair or jeans and i want to know which color would
    Go best with My pair of dark brown Zara lace up boots
    Indigo, dark blue, blue, faded??etc
    I will probably buy slim jeans

here is a pic of the boots I have
    LACE-UP ANKLE BOOTS - Shoes - Man - ZARA Japan

By the way this website is amazing, wish I'd found it earlier

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cjds90 View Post

Hey all,
    So I'm new here obviously, I came here for help with this piece above. I've owned this relic for a short while and have never really been able to pull off a good look with it. It fits perfectly and I hate for it to just sit there! So i'm coming to the experts.

Any tips or help at all and you'll be my heroes!
    Nice. Go for Dark Blue Jeans, The white shirts the best option and brown shoes, and add in a funky pair of socks just for a twist
    Last edited by Cheeseburger; 06-02-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Discount for cash?

Hi guys

I picked up this shirt a couple of weeks ago, want to build an outfit around it for the weekend and just wondered what you guys would pair with it?

Cheers x

Style Icon
    Indigo Denim Jeans, perhaps a grey jumper over the top.

No offence, but I remember seeing this shirt in an AS store and thinking it was horrible. I'd cover it up as much as possible, as I can only see it looking good on its own with the sleeves rolled over a pair of tailored, navy shorts in the summer.

Ha, I liked the shirt when I first saw it in an FB article, when I saw it in the sale for 22.50 I had to buy it.

It defo is more of a summer thing, perhaps I am jumping the gun.

I can see it looking good with skinny sand chinos and some loafers / brogues tbh.

Any other opinions on it?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjds90 View Post

Hey all,
    As an alternative to Cheeseburger's dark jeans and white shirt suggestion (which would work), you might consider some of the following:

- chinos- dark blue might go and provide a similar look to the dark jeans, but I'd suggest trying green (either a dark green or subtle green/brown shade might go well) or deep reds (such as burgundy) if you are feeling daring.

- checked shirt- the tattersall pattern shirt is a bit of a cliche with this sort of jacket (think red faced farmer and you know what I mean) but a slight, not too obvious, check would go well with this sort of checked jacket. Alternatively, an off white undyed colour would be a good accompaniment.

- knitwear- a v-necked jumper would be an obvious way to go but a wool top with collar (buttoned or zipped) would give a more casual thrown together look. Colours will depend on what else you are wearing, but again picking up on the green, red and tan shades in the jacket seems a reasonable way to go.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... Last