FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by inch View Post
    Hi,
    I've just bought these pants, since they fit quite nice. The thing I didn't think is, what color to wear on top of this? Only item I could fit was a dark green sweater. Any other color suggestions?

Same question also applies to the shoes. I'm thinking cognac would go rather nice, but what else?

Yeah, cognac (tan?) or brown shoes would work nicely. Up top, green sounds good, blues would work too, and neutrals like grey, camel, white.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Trend Setter
    Guys,

I'm stuck.
    I bought this a couple of weeks ago but I just don't know how to incorporate it into an outfit. My style is usually a bit more smart casual. In Autumn I usually go to knits or layers rather than a sweat.

Blue jeans and tan brogues. Or blue jeans dark brown boots?
    Last edited by K9MT; 23-09-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Trend Setter
    Personally I wouldn't go for tan brogues. I'd go for the dark brown boot or a black smart casual shoe if you have one. Maybe some dark wool trousers? Navy, dark grey or black? Or navy chino's? I wouldn't wear anything else that attracts attention cause the jumper has so much going on and the Cos design is supposed to be modern/minimal.
    Check out the Cos look book to get the vibe.
    I bought a navy crew neck jumper in spring at Cos with a front leather panel, and struggled slightly when figuring out what to wear it with. (I went for black shoes, and navy chino's)

Nice jumper, by the way!
    Last edited by sam1234; 25-09-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by K9MT View Post
    Guys,

I'm stuck.
    I bought this a couple of weeks ago but I just don't know how to incorporate it into an outfit. My style is usually a bit more smart casual. In Autumn I usually go to knits or layers rather than a sweat.

Personally I wouldn't go for tan brogues. I'd go for the dark brown boot or a black smart casual shoe if you have one. Maybe some dark wool trousers? Navy, dark grey or black? Or navy chino's? I wouldn't wear anything else that attracts attention cause the jumper has so much going on and the Cos design is supposed to be modern/minimal.
    I bought a navy crew neck jumper in spring at Cos with a front leather panel, and struggled slightly when figuring out what to wear it with. (I went for black shoes, and navy chino's)

Nice jumper, by the way!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by K9MT View Post
    Guys,

I'm stuck.

Black jeans and leather jacket?

Trend Setter
    ^Black jeans and Black Chelsea Boots. I believe if you look on Mr Porter you'll find a similar looking sweatshirt-maybe see how they styled it?

Hey all!

First time poster here.

Fashion question:

I really like these Wolverines, but I'm not sure how to wear them. Because of my stature, I cannot tuck or cuff my jeans. So, my question is would these work with faded black (skinny, but not super skinny) jeans UNtucked and UNcuffed (just let the jean kind of fall over them), or would this ruin the whole look?

Thanks so much.

[IMG][/IMG]

So, I got a pair of braces in navy, a bow-tie in navy with tiny white dots and looking to pair this up with some navy boots but break up the Navy pattern with another colour such as a white shirt but not entirely sure. Would it be too much navy? Would it be too much to wear the bow-tie with the braces? Also, what colours would you recommend as the trousers?

It's an outfit for my party over the weekend and quite fancy wearing a bow-tie and braces but just not sure if it will work or if I will just look like a clown.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TLF

Trend Setter
    Looking for suggestions of how to wear my Loake Eton suede loafers as a transitional shoe:

I feel like I am fine with wearing them sockless as part of a summer outfit, but something doesn't feel like when I don them with socks and jeans/chinos and look in the mirror.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1234 View Post

Nice jumper, by the way!
    Thanks for your help guys.
    Unfortunately I think I am going to return it. I think it is one of those things that I absolutely love on the hanger and in pictures but when I am wearing it I don't think it is 'me'. I also think that because of the way the white segment is it makes my shoulders look a bit wide.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... Last