FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... Last

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt. View Post
    Bought this recently, just wondering if anyone has any ideas what else it can be worn with except the standard denim shirt you see with most tweed blazers? Got some tan brouges and navy skinny jeans, just looking for shirt ideas?
    Plain white, pale blue, camel, red.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Style Icon
    Nice white oxford, dress it up a bit? Some coloured chinos, maybe burgandy? Black skinny jeans for a touch of rock and roll?
    There's quite alot you could do with it =)

Style Icon
    This chambray shirt from Allsaints?
    AllSaints Freestone L/s Shirt

Trend Setter
    Hi all, first post but I've been lurking for a while. Thanks for all the tips posted previously - I've learnt a lot from them.

Anyway, trying to work out a smart / casual outfit.

I found this blazer in Topman which I really like:

And I already have a set of nice Carhartt 'Sid' trousers:

I'm just trying to figure out what shirt and shoes I should wear with it. I'm currently thinking of these shoes:

Along with a simple blue Oxford shirt I've spotted in Gap. I'm a little concerned about brown shoes and shirt with navy trousers and a blue shirt though. Does this work or am I going to look like a right plank? Thanks in advance!

[BTW, very new to this whole 'putting effort into clothing' thing, in case you hadn't already guessed!]

Sam

Style Icon
    Naturals - that's a smashing outfit you have already.
    You could try a tee or a knit too so don't rule that out.
    An earthy, beigish polo neck would be a really cool choice - I'd recommend a finer, merino type knit under corduroy.
    In terms of plain old shirts, you're right that oxfords are a good choice. You might consider flannel or chambray too, those would be good choices texture wise. Earth tones will work, as will pale blues and every man's standby whites and pinks (every man should own a perfect pink shirt).
    Shoe wise... something with a heritage influence would work. Brogue (boots), derbies, and chelsea boots could all set it off perfectly, and you're right that brown is a good choice - it pairs great with blue too.

I have just purchased these grey tailored-looking D&G trousers and am trying to think of good outfits to buid around them... Ideas?

They are skinny fitting with a bit of a drop crotch thing going on- not too much though.

I'm currently thinking of keeping it simple- white tee, light grey cardi, black hiking boots?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    I have just purchased these grey tailored-looking D&G trousers and am trying to think of good outfits to buid around them... Ideas?
    Dark brown boots and a light coloured chunky knit.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

I was thinking the same as soon as i saw them, a burgundy crew neck would also work with something such as this over the top (Buy Ted Baker Textured Shawl Neck Jumper, Charcoal online at JohnLewis.com - John Lewis).

Safe, nice ideas... I have lots of light coloured chunky knits so I could be on to a winner. Also just got a stripey All Saints tee in the sale which will go perfectly- Dunno why I didn't think of it. Stripes will look wicked with these.

How Does this look then?

Brown boots work actually, was thinking I would have to drop these with black ones (my new hiker ones) but I can see it now

Trend Setter
    @Pins Looks gooooooood.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... Last