FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... Last

Fashionisto
    Thanks Gents. I was leaning towards the darker shade but have ordered both so I can make my mind up when I see them both in the flesh.

Style Icon
    Hope that was off Tk Maxx rather than for full price!
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Afternoon folks - first time poster here.

Just picked up a light brown/almost stone suit for workwear...I'm after getting some burgundy/oxblood footwear to match up and am quite happy with selecting the shirt, tie, etc.

But...I'd been eyeing up getting a charcoal pea coat for this winter and I'm not sure that's a suitable match - the coat seems better suited to a black footwear, smart jeans sort of look rather than the light brown suit.

Anybody able to pursuade me that it does actually work...or, instead, offer any suggestions as to what sort of colour coat I should be looking at to match up with the work wear? I'm only around 5'7/8" so I tend to be drowned out in heavier-long coats unfortunately.

Hello,

first time poster here as well. Just ordered a pair of these grey chords: River Island | River Island Sylvester Cord Trousers at ASOS

Planning on wearing them with a Barbour Commander jacket but not sure what to wear underneath the jacket. Looking for something smart casual so maybe a shirt and a cardigan. I have a budget of about 60, any recommendations?

Thanks

Fashionisto
    Hi, another first time poster here, been lurking around for a while though....

I've just bought this shirt for a work Christmas do, it turned up today, but I'm having trouble working out what colour trousers to wear with it. I'll be wearing a dark grey tweed jacket over the top if that helps, oh and I'm stuck on shoe colour too , any help would be much appreciated, cheers!

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by BenSV650 View Post
    Hello,

first time poster here as well. Just ordered a pair of these grey chords: River Island | River Island Sylvester Cord Trousers at ASOS

Planning on wearing them with a Barbour Commander jacket but not sure what to wear underneath the jacket. Looking for something smart casual so maybe a shirt and a cardigan. I have a budget of about 60, any recommendations?

Thanks
    Yeah, that outfit is screaming out for some chunky knitwear. Got lots of options really. Blue oxford shirt with cream cable knit jumper. Denim shirt with navy shawl neck cardigan. Maybe introduce a bit of colour in there - burnt orange lambswool v-neck. You have lots and lots of options mate.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
    Hi, another first time poster here, been lurking around for a while though....

I've just bought this shirt for a work Christmas do, it turned up today, but I'm having trouble working out what colour trousers to wear with it. I'll be wearing a dark grey tweed jacket over the top if that helps, oh and I'm stuck on shoe colour too , any help would be much appreciated, cheers!

Indigo jeans like the model is wearing? Shoes depends on weather and venue. And what you've got. Stone desert boots would be a good shout, though might be too casual, and are terrible in the rain. Or some tan brogue boots for something a bit smarter.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Indigo jeans like the model is wearing? Shoes depends on weather and venue. And what you've got. Stone desert boots would be a good shout, though might be too casual, and are terrible in the rain. Or some tan brogue boots for something a bit smarter.
    Sorry I should have said, people will be dressing a bit smarter so I was going to wear trousers rather than jeans. I was thinking maybe dark grey trousers (which I would have to buy), then still not sure about the shoes i.e colour. Cheers for the reply though!

Hey everyone,

I bought these "deep copper" cords at J. Crew, and not really sure what color complements "deep copper" (aside from gray, I guess). Any recommendations?

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
    Sorry I should have said, people will be dressing a bit smarter so I was going to wear trousers rather than jeans. I was thinking maybe dark grey trousers (which I would have to buy), then still not sure about the shoes i.e colour. Cheers for the reply though!
    Maybe pick up some grey wool or tweed trousers to compliment the jacket?

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... Last