FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackWoodson View Post
    Hey everyone,

I bought these "deep copper" cords at J. Crew, and not really sure what color complements "deep copper" (aside from gray, I guess). Any recommendations?

I've got some similar cords and grey & blue (anything from light blue to navy) are definitely the easiest colours to pair with them, but green also works and purple could theoretically complement if you're feeling particularly brave!
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Hi, i bought this jumper from H&M as it was quite cheap and i'm thinking about wearing it over a white shirt. However i do not no what jeans/trousers or shoes to wear it with:
    Product Detail | H&M GB

Hi Guys,

First time posting to this site (only just realized how helpful the forum is).

I have just purchased a burgundy corduroy blazer from uniqlo and need some help with what to pair it with?! It as been purchased primarily to be worn at my works Christmas party!

It is however slightly shinier in real life, almost velvety but not quite.

Thanks in advance

Some, black jeans or semi-dark indigos. And some gray Clarks b00ts. They have to be gray.

Trend Setter
    Or stone or brown.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. My works Christmas party is speedily approaching and I've been too busy to consider what to wear. In past years the women have gone all out with sparkling dresses and the men have gone in Jeans and a polo shirt except for myself were I've tried to be a little more adventurous but time isn't on my side so I'm hoping collective minds can help me out.

Recently I have bought a pair of denim pants and black/burgundy brogues, so it would be good to incorporate one or both items but nothing is set in stone. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Dark Shadow Kurt Denim Pant | GUESS.eu

ASOS | ASOS Brogues in Patent Leather at ASOS

Trend Setter
    David,
    I don't think you can go wrong with a smart casual shirt and a well fitted blazer. It'll be nice and warm, look smart and you can easily tone it down by removing the blazer should you need to. Something navy or an unstructured tweed jacket would go well IMHO.

Have a browse of some of the lookbooks on the homepage - they're a great starting point for inspiration.

Fashionisto
    Welcome to the boards David,
    I'm a fashion newbie myself and judging by the pants and brogues in the links you have provided it's obvious that you are already a well accomplished dresser so my advice may be a little redundant.But I'm going to throw it in the mix anyway!!
    Denim trousers aren't something you see every day (at least I don't) and with the brogues being contrasted it would appear that you've already got some interesting details going on. So if I was you I'd keep everything else relatively simple. If you've got quite a masculine build I'd consider an unstructured navy blazer with a white v tee. Or a lighter colored blazer with a navy v tee.
    If your quite slim I'd opt for a more traditional blazer with a white shirt.
    I'd keep the accessories to a minimum aswell, a leather strap watch and maybe just an interesting lapel pin to slightly bring down the tone of the blazer.
    Last edited by BaconLad; 03-12-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Fashionisto
    Hey David,
    those two items already look great together, so the rest of the outfit should not be a problem. I would throw on a oxford cloth shirt on, button down if possible and white, but a rose colour should work to. Then a blazer, either in a charchoal grey, or maybe a red velvet one if you happen to own one. as far as accesories go, maybe a bow tie or dark knitted tie.

Pocket Square to compliment liberty print tie

Hello All,

First time poster here - the advice everyone is giving out is so good that I was hoping that someone might be able to help me out too...

My wedding is coming up in February next year and my thoughts are turning to ties and pocket squares. I have been for my first suit fitting at The Cad & The Dandy on Savile Row and everything is looking good so far - see photo! I've gone for a navy suit with a slightly lighter navy wasitcoat.

My wife-to-be is a huge fan of Liberty prints so I thought I would impress her with a Liberty tie! I've seen this nice light blue silk one on their website, however I am at a loss of what pocket square to pair it with... Have you seen any on your travels through the internet? Any help would really be very gratefully received!!

Many thanks in advance!
    Adam

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... Last