FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... Last

Hey guys my name is Jeron. I'm new to all of this and to the forum so please bare with me as I have a few questions. I would like to know what color of socks should I wear with these, which shirt would you guys choose, which laces, and if I should wear a navy cardigan, blazer or another top to pair with this? Thanks for any help. The shirt on the right is a light yellow with a light blue.[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by animalraw View Post
    Hello All,

First time poster here - the advice everyone is giving out is so good that I was hoping that someone might be able to help me out too...

My wedding is coming up in February next year and my thoughts are turning to ties and pocket squares. I have been for my first suit fitting at The Cad & The Dandy on Savile Row and everything is looking good so far - see photo! I've gone for a navy suit with a slightly lighter navy wasitcoat.

My wife-to-be is a huge fan of Liberty prints so I thought I would impress her with a Liberty tie! I've seen this nice light blue silk one on their website, however I am at a loss of what pocket square to pair it with... Have you seen any on your travels through the internet? Any help would really be very gratefully received!!

Many thanks in advance!
    Adam
    Hi!

The Cad & The Dandy is one of my clients. Small world.

As the tie is pretty full on, I would match the pocket square to your white shirt and let the tie speak for itself.

Your other options would be a solid coloured square that picks out a colour from the tie, or a patterned square that uses the same colours as the tie (stripes, perhaps?). But these options will be tricker to get right, and probably wouldn't end up looking as good imo.

Go for white!

Quote Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
    Hey guys my name is Jeron. I'm new to all of this and to the forum so please bare with me as I have a few questions. I would like to know what color of socks should I wear with these, which shirt would you guys choose, which laces, and if I should wear a navy cardigan, blazer or another top to pair with this? Thanks for any help. The shirt on the right is a light yellow with a light blue.[/IMG]
    I would go with the blue shirt, and then let the blues dictate the rest and hit the tonal trend that is about right now.

Can't imagine the socks will show but to keep in with the theme, I would go for some navy socks.

Put the tan laces in the shoes, the white won't look right imo.

A navy cardigan would top it off nicely. A blazer less so, as the outfit seems too casual for a blazer.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by JYoung View Post

IMO, the laces dont matter, but the light brown one or whatever colour that is, cant really make it out, would be a bit better. Regarding the shirt, i woud go for the yellow-ish one, but you could go for a blue tonal outfit and wear the blue shirt with a navy blazer or cardigan, though i think a blazer would be better. Though a navy blazer would go with the yellow shirt too. Then maybe a pocket square, also in blue, ora maybe yellow, but if in doubt, use a white pocket square.

Hey there, guys. I have a quick question for you. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.
    For my farewell party (think of it as the Indian version of prom), I'll be wearing a tailored DB navy blue suit, a French cuffs shirt with blue stripes, a red tie with a very subtle pattern, a plain maroon pocket square. For the shoes, I'm thinking of wearing these -http://img7.flixcart.com/image/shoe/...6ejhh9qan.jpeg. Are they a little too out there, or are they all right? Other alternatives I have are plain black shoes, and chestnut brown Derby shoes. Also, the socks - navy blue, plain red, or some sort of patterned red?

Trend Setter
    Pocket squares with those shoes that look like sneakers? All of the items here (but especially those shoes) are way too casual for that. I even think all but the most unstructured of blazers will be pushing it!

Fashionisto
    ^ I think a pocket square could work... If not a pocket square then definitely a lapel pin, I feel naked without one or the other!!

Thanks for all the feedback. I shouldn't have used flash to take the pic, but it comes with two pair of laces, navy blue and a yellow lace. That boot is the Lacoste Walsham boot. I I found a Navy shawl cardigan to wear, but when I put it on I thought it was too much blue. Is that good? As mentioned I'm totally new to this so in my mind it may be too much, but if it looks good I'll wear it. I need to settle on a look by tomorrow evening 6pm East coast time. I'll try and post a pic of the cardigan paired with both shirts. I also have a
    khaki colored suede Desert Boot that could possibly work? With the time difference you guys probably won't see the new post until about 3am.

Trend Setter
    What is this look for, exactly? A party, just going out to a bar, a date, etc? Honestly unless it's a dive bar type situation I'd probably go with the desert boots. I think desert boots will help give the outfit a smarter look that warrants a blazer and possibly even pocket square like the others were saying.

I'm in the US too bud (MTN time though) so hopefully I can take a look at what you put together.

Just out to dinner with family, so I don't need to be be super formal. l'll try to take a picture soon, I just got in from class. I couldn't find a blazer so I went with a Navy cardigan.
    Last edited by JYoung; 13-12-2013 at 04:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... Last