FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... Last

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. I shouldn't have used flash to take the pic, but it comes with two pair of laces, navy blue and a yellow lace. That boot is the Lacoste Walsham boot. I I found a Navy shawl cardigan to wear, but when I put it on I thought it was too much blue. Is that good? As mentioned I'm totally new to this so in my mind it may be too much, but if it looks good I'll wear it. I need to settle on a look by tomorrow evening 6pm East coast time. I'll try and post a pic of the cardigan paired with both shirts. I also have a
    khaki colored suede Desert Boot that could possibly work? With the time difference you guys probably won't see the new post until about 3am.
    It may look like too much blue, but it is a tonal outfit, so you have different shades and patterns in blue. also, the desert boot might actually work better with the outfit.

Ok, here are the pics as promised.

this pic is just to show the yellow laces and the socks. Also wha do you guys think of the boot in general? Im debating if I should return them . I do have a pair of Clarks Originals Desrt Boot in beeswax coming in next week.
    Last edited by JYoung; 13-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Trend Setter
    After seeing the pictures, I really like the yellow shirt with the blue cardigan and brown desert boots. I'm a fan of the contrast between the light shirt and the dark blue of the rest of your outfit. But, the blue shirt looks good too if you're doing the tonal look the others mentioned before.

As for the blue boots, I don't care for them much but I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to style. Others here like Ivan can give you really good advice when it comes to trendier pieces like that.

Trend Setter
    I think the blue boots could work, just not with blue jeans. Too much blue. Think they could be good with black cords or cream coloured chinos. Preferably slim fitting or tapered rather than loose at the ankle.

Thanks again guys; this site is awesome! I went with the tonal blue. So, I did the blue shirt with the cardigan, but I put in the yellow laces. I got a ton of compliments on the boot and look and I was only out for about 2 1/2 hrs. Our dinner reservation is at 630, so I'll see what kind of a reaction this "new" look gets from my family, lol

Black cords you say? Hmm, I like the sound of that. What kind of top with you recommend ?

Als, my clClarks original desert boots in beeswax just came in! Can't wait to figure what to wear with them. And while I was put I saw an awesome
    tweed blazer for around $80 from J. CREW, but they didn't have my size
    Last edited by JYoung; 13-12-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Trend Setter
    I love my black cords because they go with literally anything. I wear them to the office with brown leather boots and oxford shirts and crew neck jumpers. They even go well with light denim shirts. At the weekends they look good with trainers and a white t-shirt. Find them so comfortable and versatile almost like jeans but smarter and less common. I think the key is to buy slim ones but not skinny so they are versatile enough to go with various types of football for different occasions.

Thanks for the super advice!
    White it will be
    Cheers again, really appreciate it.

Fashionisto
    I ordered these hudson boots online. Was thinking of wearing them with dark indigo jeans or navy chinos. Any other suggestions with regards to leg wear? Also what would be good to wear up top?
    Thanks!

Jennings Bordo

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_s_r View Post
    I ordered these hudson boots online. Was thinking of wearing them with dark indigo jeans or navy chinos. Any other suggestions with regards to leg wear? Also what would be good to wear up top?
    Thanks!

Jennings Bordo
    Well, black or grey chinos could also work, burgundy ones to if you decide to go for a tonal outfit in red.
    Up top you can never go wrong with a white or light blue button down oxford shirt and a navy blazer on top or a grey tweed one, a navy or grey peacoat could aso work. then maybe a knitted tie with stripes or dots, also neutral colour, or scarf in the same pattern.
    My example outfit: boots + jeans/navy chinos + white oxford shirt + grey blazer/peacoat + navy (striped) knitted tie).

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... Last