FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... Last

Fashionisto
    Cheers Miha. They arrived today, and aren't actually as red as they appear on the website, I would say they are more of a dark brown with a hint of red. I should have mentioned that I am planning on wearing them casually for nights out, etc, so I like the idea of a white oxford shirt and a grey pea coat. I'm slowly trying to incorporate some colour in to my wardrobe as I'm getting a bit tired of wearing the same colours all the time.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_s_r View Post
    Cheers Miha. They arrived today, and aren't actually as red as they appear on the website, I would say they are more of a dark brown with a hint of red. I should have mentioned that I am planning on wearing them casually for nights out, etc, so I like the idea of a white oxford shirt and a grey pea coat. I'm slowly trying to incorporate some colour in to my wardrobe as I'm getting a bit tired of wearing the same colours all the time.
    Regarding colour: wear burgundy chinos instead of navy ones and add a pocket square in a bold colour to the mix, like a paisley pattern or something. With colour one should always start subtle, and then go big, e.g I just bought a pair of bright orange chinos, and I have to get used to them, cause they draw quite a bit of attention, as men arent expected to wear such bold colours. But dont be afraid of branching into colours, just do it at your own pace.
    Hope the outfit goes on to be a success.

Fashionisto
    Timberland: EKSTRMBKLIT OX | BRANDOSA.co.uk

Got this desert *shoe* looking footwear for christmas in navy(which i'm a bit sceptical about even though I like the colour). I'm not sure how to go about it since I've never worn shoes like this, I'm probably thinking white chinos with a denim shirt perhaps for a smart-casualish look.

Hi guys, have recently bought this shirt: Selected Parkway

Not sure what bottom have would go best with this, beige chinos or black/dark blue jeans?

Was also thinking some leather/chukka boots in brown would go well.

Any opinions for this would be amazingly helpful!

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah, dark blue jeans and leather boots would be a solid look.

Balls, dark blues are a no-go, any ideas on the next best option?

Trend Setter
    i think dark blue / black jeans or chinos would have been best - having said that, if you were to button this up with a light wash blue jeans (rolled with chukkas) I think that would be good too.

I personally would steer clear of anything sandy/tan coloured with trousers. It's not the correct colour palette imo

I've got a pair of light blue's which might work, otherwise I think I'll fall back on some black 508's.

Cheers lads.

Fashionisto
    looking for some advice gents - I recently bought this Ted Baker blazer

It's a lovely quality blazer and the fit is great....I'm just a little unsure of what to wear it with due to the unusual colour. I tend to dress rather plainly so it's a bit off a departure from my usual style.

Any ideas as best to style it would be appreciated....

Trend Setter
    Burgundy is fantastic as I feel it's incredibly versatile. You could pair that blazer with dark jeans, black or grey trousers, etc. I'm not sure in what situation you want to wear that piece so styling is a bit general, but this FB article has some great information:

How To Wear Burgundy: AW13 Edition | FashionBeans

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... Last