FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... Last

Trend Setter
    I honestly think the problem is that large checks like that scream "informal," so to pair it with a blazer creates a bit of dissonance. In my humble opinion! I think that shirt would look better underneath a grey jumper, for example. Something a little more relaxed.

Style Icon
    I think this is a great look - casual shirt, blue blazer, tie & pocket square. It would be a very formal look if it wasn't for the addition of the casual shirt.

Not everyone is Ewan McGregor posing for a photoshoot though

I can't see the above looking good on a normal person irl

Style Icon
    I was going to try a look quite similar to this. I am now depressed to know that if I do, it won't make me look as good as McGregor posing for GQ.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonymism View Post
    I honestly think the problem is that large checks like that scream "informal," so to pair it with a blazer creates a bit of dissonance. In my humble opinion! I think that shirt would look better underneath a grey jumper, for example. Something a little more relaxed.
    I think that's kind of it, really. Or it could be, anyway. I don't think I've ever been so stumped!

Yes you are right and it's very hard to find a solid colored blazer that's going to look good with checkered shirt.

Fashionisto
    Got this as a Christmas present. Not sure what to make of it really, any ideas on how to tone it down a bit?

Trend Setter
    Like that model, use neutrals to your advantage (solid dark blue, black, etc). You could also use layering with a denim jacket over that jumper. Although to tell you the truth I don't think it's "that" busy that it needs to be toned down-- I think it looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I was going to try a look quite similar to this. I am now depressed to know that if I do, it won't make me look as good as McGregor posing for GQ.
    Who knows, maybe you will be magically transformed into a dreamboat? Or maybe you are a dreamboat already?! Swoon

It's still worth a go, just my opinion innit

Trend Setter
    Heh @ Ivan

Mojo's jumper looks pretty easy to me as far as colours go, it's very neutral and the pattern isn't particularly outrageous at all.

This is, however, coming from a man with a pair of houndstooth-patterned trousers.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... Last