FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... Last

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    I definitely need help with these please!
    What on earth do I wear with them? They were one of those impulse buys (plus they fit like a dream). More concerned about what to put on my top half. Any suggestions?

I have no doubt Ricky, none at all, that the contents will differ!

(Still though, a recommendation on the trousers? Not just my excellent wardrobe!)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickySpanish View Post
    Haha.

I would suggest keeping it very simple, white button down Oxford and at least 4 cans of insect repellent.
    How about a nice white blouse?

Fashionisto
    I have bought a pair of black moccasins.Whit what kind/type of trousers these would pair better you think?
    Currently I wear them with 504 levis jeans...nonetheless their fabric seems to me kind of thick for pairing it with the moccasins.

Do you think a more formal pair of trousers(thinner fabric compared with 504) would pair better with the moccasins?

Quote Originally Posted by fashontrooper55 View Post
    I have bought a pair of black moccasins.Whit what kind/type of trousers these would pair better you think?
    Currently I wear them with 504 levis jeans...nonetheless their fabric seems to me kind of thick for pairing it with the moccasins.

Do you think a more formal pair of trousers(thinner fabric compared with 504) would pair better with the moccasins?

Well, moccasins are a sort of semi-formal shoes and do great with formal trousers and chinos for a classic office look.
    Working at M. Kenny's Fashions - Bespoke Tailors

Fashionisto
    Mmmmkay. I have a couple of things in my wardrobe that could use a once over from this thread. I have a horrible habit of buying shit I really like, and not thinking about what I will wear it with.

In a similar vein, something easy to start with:

Currently rolling the black and white look with them - but would quite like to introduce them to a wider array of styles. Yep. They are kinda shiny - more pictures here.

All ideas appreciated.
    @eph89

Des

Trend Setter
    Oh wow those look great. The closest thing to leather trousers without dividing the masses. I'd still keep it monochrome. All white/all black footwear, grey top.. Its only the vans that ruin them in the stock pic.

Fashionisto
    Yeah - I'm really pleased with them; like you say, not leather trousers but a bit more than black jeans.

I currently wear a pair of black/white trainery sort of things. Like the idea of something all white though.
    @eph89

Ben Sherman Charcoal check 2 button camden skinny fit suit jacket- at Debenhams.com

Wearing this suit in a couple of weeks for a christening and not sure what tie/pocket square to use with it, I've seen a nice purple paisley one but not sure if the pattern will clash with check of the suit, also seen a navy with white polka dot tie, but I'm still not sure, what's people's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MrParker View Post
    Ben Sherman Charcoal check 2 button camden skinny fit suit jacket- at Debenhams.com

Wearing this suit in a couple of weeks for a christening and not sure what tie/pocket square to use with it, I've seen a nice purple paisley one but not sure if the pattern will clash with check of the suit, also seen a navy with white polka dot tie, but I'm still not sure, what's people's thoughts?
    Have you considered a plain black tie as in the image or other colors without any patterns? I think that will look fine. A dark tie with small dots of white or minimal texture will rock the suit in my opinion. In the end, you are going to wear it so choose something you feel more comfortable with.
    Working at M. Kenny's Fashions - Bespoke Tailors

Quote Originally Posted by georgebrown View Post
    Have you considered a plain black tie as in the image or other colors without any patterns? I think that will look fine. A dark tie with small dots of white or minimal texture will rock the suit in my opinion. In the end, you are going to wear it so choose something you feel more comfortable with.
    I've seen a nice polka dot tie in a shop close to me;

Knightsbridge Neckwear | Knightsbridge Navy Spotty Tie | Woven Durham

Try and go for a look something like this;

http://www.wovendurham.co.uk/store/banner1.jpg

It's difficult to say what you'll like until it's all worn at once, I'll probably end up buying 2-3 different ones and return the ones that don't suit

Trend Setter
    Why not a club striped tie? Look at Don Draper in Mad Men who wears similar coloured suits and striped ties. The pattern looks very subtle on the suit so why not.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... Last