FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... Last
    CR7

I got this camo shorts from Scotch & Soda: What should I wear on Top (colour) and what shoe colour would fit? I thought some navy Allstars would fit pretty well?

Trend Setter
    I'd say virtually any colour in either case except black - patterns like camo are often surprisingly easy to pair with other colours. It would be safe to avoid mixing with other patterns (not at all wrong to do, just more difficult).

Hi guys, any tips for wearing this blazer? Mainly what colour shirts would go best etc and what colours would not. Cheers

Trend Setter
    1) When doing it up, only do the middle button, or the top and middle.

2) I'd venture to say that'd go with almost anything. A white, ecru/off-white, a yellow or blue Oxford... Pink would probably go nicely too. Grey may be a bit too much, as it's quite a grey-looking blue.

Hey guys,
    long time reader here. I need your great advice. I bought this beautiful Harris Tweed Ben Sherman Jacket. I just had to. Now i don't know what to wear with it. Can you give me advice? Thanks in advance. Ben Sherman Modern Classics Harris Tweed Driving Jacket | Hypebeast
    The colour is more green, than on the picture...

Fashionisto
    Chaps, picked these up at the weekend. Wasn't sure abut the colour at first but liking it now. Not to sure about what to wear them with though. Was thinking maybe pale grey skinnies? Plain tees up top? Advice much appreciated.

Trend Setter
    They'd look good with black skinnies as a hit of colour at the base of your outfit. Grey should work too, and indigo.

I hav a green tweed jacket and was wandering what kind of trousers to wear with it if im styling it for a casual/smart occasion, also if i should wear a shirt underneath or try go for a t-shirt to make it look more casual?

Trend Setter
    What colour green? Khaki, Olive, Teal, something more nondescript? I.e. is it a blue-green or a brown-green?

I also have a (essentially Teal-coloured) green tweed blazer (a cheap but cheerful one from ASOS) and wore it on Friday. I went with a bit of a 'tonal' look and wore:

The blazer
    Grey v-neck cardigan
    Forest/dark green Polo
    Dark blue overdyed skinny jeans
    Brown boots.

I could have easily swapped out the cardigan for a navy one (or if I wanted colour clashing a burgundy one but that's a bit divisive), or the shirt for a blue (because of the teal-coloured tone of the blazer), green or of course a classic white Oxford shirt. Also find denim shirts work really well with tweed blazers too, although you may be a bit warm!

I'd personally go with a shirt (I guess an Oxford, cotton twill or chambray) over a t-shirt for a tweed blazer as that will go more with the vibe of the jacket. But if it's a cool t-shirt then I'm sure it'd work just as fine. If you have a green t then that'd make a good tonal look. You could also wear a checked or denim shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Luaks View Post
    Hey guys,
    long time reader here. I need your great advice. I bought this beautiful Harris Tweed Ben Sherman Jacket. I just had to. Now i don't know what to wear with it. Can you give me advice? Thanks in advance. Ben Sherman Modern Classics Harris Tweed Driving Jacket | Hypebeast
    The colour is more green, than on the picture...
    I'd go with indigo or black jeans and tan brogues or white trainers

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... Last