FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... Last

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Murray View Post
    Being pale-skinned (although not too much), what can I wear with a black T-shirt, if anything to stop the colour washing me out? I'm currently thinking from a quick look in my wardrobe a burgundy thick-knit cardigan and an dark brown/purple-ish chinos?
    Definitely some burgundy. Black and burgundy go great together.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Murray View Post
    Being pale-skinned (although not too much), what can I wear with a black T-shirt, if anything to stop the colour washing me out? I'm currently thinking from a quick look in my wardrobe a burgundy thick-knit cardigan and an dark brown/purple-ish chinos?
    I'd go with the burgundy cardigan, but the purplish chinos sound too close to the colour of the cardigan to work; it will be reddish/purple brown overload. I'd go with the black t-shirt, the burgundy cardigan and black slim jeans (probably with black chelsea boots).

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by mkk View Post
    Hi Guys just bought this

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/barbour-x-tokihito-yoshida-vintage-cotton-hunting-jacket-1.html

A
    nd thinking what should be worn with that. It looks better on the barbour site
    I have a fairly similar jacket in a similar shade. My personal favourites to wear with it are khaki trousers, black boots, and a purple shirt. However you could easily swap in a white shirt if green and purple isn't your kind of thing. Alternatively, dark jeans will go fine (personally I'd avoid lighter blues), which you could wear with brown or black shoes / boots, and again, a white shirt would work fine up top. There are more risky things you can do if you want to go bold, such as trying to incorporate shades of red or yellow, but considering the shade of green here it would be pretty difficult to do if you ask me. Sticking mostly to earth and neutral tones best suits the colour in my opinion.

Fashionisto
    thinking of going out like this tonight:

denim shirt (similar to this one but without the 'lines' http://www.riverisland.com/Online/me...veshirt-256095 )
    dark blue chinos
    dark brown desert boots

a bit unsure whether will the shirt go with the rest? also, shirt tucked in or not?

Fashionisto
    I need some new shoes to go with my jeans (I usually just wear slim fit jeans and have done so for the past few years). However, I can't make up my mind though as to what to buy next. Ideally I would like either dark brown or black...

Also, my feet are size 11. What would go best with slim fit jeans?

Ask the Missus CHATTERBOX BROGUE BLACK LEATHER Shoes - Mens Smart Shoes - Office Shoes

Office SILENCE CHUKKA BROWN LEATHER Shoes - Mens Boots Shoes - Office Shoes

ASOS | ASOS Derby Shoes With Leather Sole And Rope Insert at ASOS

Ben Sherman | Ben Sherman Qwey Postman Derby Shoes at ASOS

T+F Slack | T+F Slack Derby Shoes at ASOS - These look nice but the purple puts me off. Oh and the price tag! What.
    Last edited by likeeatingglass; 25-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.

mkk

Quote Originally Posted by paul-b View Post
    I have a fairly similar jacket in a similar shade. My personal favourites to wear with it are khaki trousers, black boots, and a purple shirt. However you could easily swap in a white shirt if green and purple isn't your kind of thing. Alternatively, dark jeans will go fine (personally I'd avoid lighter blues), which you could wear with brown or black shoes / boots, and again, a white shirt would work fine up top. There are more risky things you can do if you want to go bold, such as trying to incorporate shades of red or yellow, but considering the shade of green here it would be pretty difficult to do if you ask me. Sticking mostly to earth and neutral tones best suits the colour in my opinion.
    Thanks paul-b. I was thinking the whole earthy tones as well. I was mustard brown chinos and brown boots, with a white shirt and maybe a light yellow cardigan. Not that I have found the cardigan, but it was an idea!

Quote Originally Posted by pt29 View Post

Bedford Denim Shirt
    i've owned this all saints shirt for months and worn it once. any ideas on what to wear it with beyond the bog standard camel chinos?
    any ideas chaps?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by likeeatingglass View Post
    I need some new shoes to go with my jeans (I usually just wear slim fit jeans and have done so for the past few years). However, I can't make up my mind though as to what to buy next. Ideally I would like either dark brown or black...
    Brown with a medium blue wash, black with an indigo wash.

Quote Originally Posted by pt29 View Post
    any ideas chaps?
    Black/grey skinny/slim jeans.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Sam

Style Icon
    pt29 - Don't knock camel chinos just because they're "bog standard"; chinos and denim is a tried and tested look.
    That said, if you're looking for an alternative, try a dark navy pair, preferably in a substantial twill with a washed finish. Other colours can work too; dark red is a trendy choice and khaki green suits the outdoorsy appeal of the shirt.

The way to make the denim/camel look fly is to go back to basics; the perfect, preppy pair of beige chinos in a straight or slim fit and a denim shirt that fits perfectly. It may be a simple look, but it's gold if you get it right. It seems to me that most people seem to rock this look with the top button done up. To me, that makes no sense; with rugged casual pieces like denim shirts, an undone button or two and rolled up sleeves looks perfect.

C Turbinado: Navy chinos, denim shirt and brown suede shoes? Solid. Tie the shoes in with a plaited or otherwise casual leather belt in a close colour, tuck the shirt in or don't simply depending on what looks best to you in the mirror, and you're sorted.

Like Eating Glass (like that song btw): I assume this encompasses blue jeans? Unless we're talking about a substantial pair of boots, I'm firmly of the belief that black leather shoes with blue jeans should be avoided. Most styles in brown leather, though, should be fine.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Like Eating Glass (like that song btw): I assume this encompasses blue jeans? Unless we're talking about a substantial pair of boots, I'm firmly of the belief that black leather shoes with blue jeans should be avoided. Most styles in brown leather, though, should be fine.
    Good taste! It's a great song!

I must admit that I'm the same. I don't like black leather shoes with jeans either. It looks weird, but I'm not sure about what style to actually buy to match up with my jeans.

I've got a few different pairs of blue jeans (indigo, resin rinse etc) so I was looking for something new to go with them. I also have black jeans. I've got some brown chukka boots but they're a little old now!

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... Last