FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Suede Jacket

Hello everyone, I have been eyeing on Allsaints Imara suede biker jacket for a while now. Having bought an Allsaints denim jacket, I immeadiately fell in love with the fit and decided that I should continue with the brand. Now after selling my diesel leather jacket, I've been thinking the next step cuold very well be this suede jacket. However, I'm really unsure about the durability of suede as a jacket material especially in light colour. I usually wear my garmens carefully and with care, for example I never wore my leather jacket in rain (even if it cuold take it...), but I'm still wondering does the jacket look good in let's say 3 years? Also, can anyone tell me if Allsaint's leather jackets fit similar to their denim jackets? One wuold think that the fit wuold be pretty similar as both are somewhat cropped. Cuold anyone who owns suede jackets (or footwear?) shed some light to the material as I've never owned anything in suede?

Here's a link for the jacket:

Mens Imara Suede Biker Jacket (Khaki) | ALLSAINTS.com

Cheers!

Man that's really nice. I'm kinda after something like that too. Looks really soft.

RE suede jackets, I had a Kooples suede bomber once which was very delicate, pristine suede and I was just too scared to wear it so I sold it.

This one looks like it might be tougher suede. It is also "heavily washed and tumbled" in the classic AS style, so I'd imagine it would withstand a fair bit of wear and tear. That said, it will mark easily, and if someone spills red wine on you or something it's game over.

The trick with a jacket like this is to accept that it will pick up marks and imperfections over time and embrace that as a desirable quality of the fabric rather than a flaw. If you don't think you can handle that, and you want it to look the same as the day you bought it in 3 years time, I'd say it probably isn't for you.

Best thing is to get your hands on one and try it on, that will give you a much better idea of what it will be able to withstand.

If it goes in the sale them I'm having one, fantastic looking jacket. It won't be too delicate as AS bikers are well made, any damage over the years will simply add to the look, great thing about AS, doesn't work well with other clean cut brands! Sounds like you take care of your stuff so go for it.

Des

Style Icon

MLM

Trend Setter
    If you do decide to go for it, can't recommend enough going to a store and trying it on. When I was in a few weeks ago, the guy helping me said that the sizing varies a lot on their leather stuff, i.e. you can pick out two in the exact same style, same size, and they can fit differently. But he was happy to just cycle through all of their stock in that style and size, to show me the differences and also to try and find the right one, apparently it's something to do with how they're made but I forget what exactly.

^ Yeah I've had this with AS

Colour can vary a lot too

Zac

Fashionisto
    The suede on that jacket isn't hard wearing at all from what I've felt and it will wear very easy, but like most have said AS only looks better as it wears!
    Also it's a much nicer colour in the flesh imo

MLM and ICA, it's due to poor quality control at different points in the manufacturing process and I'm very familiar with it with AS.

Style Icon
    Reiss have some gorgeous suede jackets atm.
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    MLM and ICA, it's due to poor quality control at different points in the manufacturing process and I'm very familiar with it with AS.
    Yeah they try and dress it up as artisanal construction techniques and natural variations in patina but that is basically what it comes down to.

They do make the best clothes in the price bracket though.
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 21-05-2015 at 08:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread