FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

How to style a gilet or bodywarmer

I'm a 6' 2" guy who likes wearing gilets, in fact I own 5 (red, blue, navy and 2 black ones). But I'm struggling to try out new outfit ideas with my gilets and was wondering how other guys style their gilets or if anyone had any outfit ideas. 3 of the gilets I own are very inflated/padded and the other 2 are moderately padded. Any thoughts would be great, looking for formal and casual outfit suggestions.

FashionBeans Legend
    I'm not saying that it's impossible to wear a gilet and look good, but it's not the easiest thing to do mainly because gilets are generally hideous and resemble lagging jackets that you put on your hot water cylinder.
    www.instagram.com/godhead_style

FashionBeans Legend
    Yea man, ditch the gilet and start anew. A good wool coat will stand to you more. Maybe a nice double breasted number.
    Instagram: johnnyvegazzz

Style Icon
    Like dis

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Yea man, ditch the gilet and start anew. A good wool coat will stand to you more. Maybe a nice double breasted number.
    Tbh I was trying on a wool coat earlier. It's something I've been meaning to own for ages. I own a couple of leather jackets too but I just struggle to see the versatility in them. I find because of my body shape, being tall and slim, I struggle with finding a jacket that suits me. Leather jackets and gilets have always been my go to so I can avoid looking like the slender man Think I'm ready to branch out.

Style Icon

I'm 99% sure it only looks cool cause Tyler Durden is wearing it.....

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post

I'm 99% sure it only looks cool cause Tyler Durden is wearing it.....
    Tyler Durden makes the gilet look like coolest thing ever. Sad I don't look the same in my ones, maybe one day haha. I'm not gonna ditch my gilets cos I like wearing them too much but I'm gonna invest in a wool coat.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by eeewalker View Post
    I find because of my body shape, being tall and slim, I struggle with finding a jacket that suits me.
    Lol, wut..?
    instagram: @martinocampari

FashionBeans Legend
    Buddy, I think you've got it ass-ways. Tall and Slim is what you are. Why would you want to cover it up? Most of the guys here are tall and slim. I'm 6'2" myself. Ditch the gilets, they're doing nothing for you. Buy a wool coat and invest in some nice knitwear and you'll be feeling like a million bucks.
    Instagram: johnnyvegazzz

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Buddy, I think you've got it ass-ways. Tall and Slim is what you are. Why would you want to cover it up? Most of the guys here are tall and slim. I'm 6'2" myself. Ditch the gilets, they're doing nothing for you. Buy a wool coat and invest in some nice knitwear and you'll be feeling like a million bucks.
    Ok thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm going shopping!

+ Reply to Thread