FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Smart white shirt to go with jeans

I'm after a smart white shirt that's not too formal to go with jeans that can also be worn under a jumper or with a tweer \ cotton blazer - not an Oxford shirt which I already have but maybe something like the below or similar from somewhere like TM Lewin - thoughts please?

Trend Setter
    My tip here would be to go into real shops. I have a nice white shirt from River Island but that was a few years ago - for some reason, it's easy for white shirts to look a bit naff, which may not show through online.

This may be a bargain if you're an L/XL: Access Denied
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

Trend Setter
    My tip here would be to go into real shops. I have a nice white shirt from River Island but that was a few years ago - for some reason, it's easy for white shirts to look a bit naff, which may not show through online.<br><br>This may be a bargain if you're an L/XL:

(link won't work, search 83B17GWHT on Topman.com)
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

Trend Setter
    If I were you I'd pay a little extra and buy Paul Smith. Don't often rave about particular brands, but find their extra detailing brilliant and the quality special for the bracket. Half price sale on their site currently.

I have this which I love Paul Smith Men's Shirts | White Camo Check Jacquard Shirt

But if you want a cheaper one this looks good for the Paul Smith Men's Shirts | Slim-Fit White Cotton Shirt

Fashionisto
    [QUOTE=McCoy;61311]My tip here would be to go into real shops. I have a nice white shirt from River Island but that was a few years ago - for some reason, it's easy for white shirts to look a bit naff, which may not show through online.<br><br>This may be a bargain if you're an L/XL:

(link won't work, search 83B17GWHT on Topman.com)[/QUOTE

You are right. If you want a decent quality, basic white shirt then River Island is a good place. I have tried 'higher quality' places and they have never been as good.

Fashionisto
    All saints plain white shirt with no ramskull for 44
    Mens Courtland Shirt (White) | ALLSAINTS.com
    Last edited by Ehti; 12-01-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Fashionisto
    Another vote for River Island. I went into a shop recently and was surprised with how many nice shirts they had, plenty of nice slim fitted white shirts as well. Their shirts are in the same price range as asos, h&m, topman and personally I think they're the best.

Fashionisto
    Thanks guys, will check out River Island when I next pop into town - saw a cut away collar plain white shirt for 20 that looked reasonable but would like to see it for real

Trend Setter
    I like a button down with jeans, immediately kills any thoughts of looking like you're wearing a work shirt and still looks the part.

Fashionisto
    River Island very good for white shirts.

+ Reply to Thread