FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Pacific Optical

Buckler - Choc Havana / Brown Lens - Pacifico Optical

Anyone had any experience with these guys? Decided I can't justify buying a pair of Garrett Leights living in the UK with its terrible weather, and I've decided against anything ray-ban as just about everyone I know wears them. Love the silhouette and colour of these, and price tag seems pretty reasonable.

No idea of quality though and struggling to find any reviews anywhere...they seem fairly new.

Trend Setter
    Most big name sun glasses brands are essentially the same, as their all owned and manufacturer by Luxotica. Ray Ban is included, but only differs by the fact allot of their frames are made with metal, but most of all - their lenses are one of the very few still made with actual glass (almost all other sunglasses brands use plastic lenses - including the big name expensive brands).

But going back to the glasses you've quoted, they are made from cellulose acertate (same as most big brands), and made in Italy. It says their made by " Mazzucchelli", so maybe googling them will indicate frame quality. Their hinges are also made by an Italian company, "Visottica" of nickel (very resistent to rust).

Interestingly, the lenses are made by Car Zeiss - this is a company ive dealt with in work before as they make equipment for engineering. Their very high quality and usually very expensive. If their lenses are anything like their calibration equipment, their as high a quality as your likely to get.

All in all, id say the sunglasses you've found are probably better than the vast majority of big name sunglasses around, and price is more than reasonable. Ive been looking for similar style sunglasses myself, and i think im actually going to order the ones you've put up (cheers for that by the way!).

Trend Setter
    Damn good research lee ^
    Tasteless Ape

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstrippin View Post
    Damn good research lee ^
    Lol. Its not really reasearch, most of the infomation is on the webpage itself. The point about most big brands being designed and made by Luxotica i thought would have been common knowledge.

The point on the lenses being made by Carl Zeiss is coincidence, as i work in engineering and have come across their equipment. I never knew they made lenses though!

+ Reply to Thread