FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

The Buyer's Triangle

Hey all,

After fruitlessly searching for a pair of charcoal chinos that actually fit and looked good, I've come up with the following graphic, based off a project triangle, that neatly sums up the compromises that makes it so hard to find the ideal garment.

Let me know what you think!

Style Icon
    So true: apart from when you find bargains on eBay, or in the sales. (although with the latter, the right-size part is touch and go).

Fashionisto
    So true. I've got to stop being so intent on grabing bargains as inevitably almost every one ends up being either a poor fit (Dunn & Co blazer I picked up yesterday for 1 in a charity shop, turns out it's a 38S!) or doesn't look as good as I was hoping (the two Paul Smith jackets I bought at Christmas on eBay which both turned out to be fake and... crappy). Even when I find something that fits all three criteria, it rarely fits the fourth (would I have bought it if it wasn't cheap?/is it something I was actually looking for?).

Fashionisto
    Haha, very true. To be honest though, on a student budget I can't really afford to be shopping at my-wardrobe and Mr Porter, paying over 100 for one item of clothing just doesn't sit right with me. Especially as I'm only 19 and still reckon I've got a bit of filling out to do...

+ Reply to Thread