FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Style Icon

Hot Weather/Cold Weather Conundrum

I'm going to a gig tonight so I was wearing boat shoes and chinos with a turn up above the ankle. It's quite summery.

HOWEVER. The weathers suddenly gone horrible. Is it terribly bad to wear a pea coat, but to still have my ankles out?

Style Icon
    p.s. the pea coat is waist length

Style Icon
    Why not wear some fairisle socks, or something similar? I don't think this is ankles weather at all. I was at a gig on Thursday, and even on such a hot day the evening was very cold. Definitely not for ankles.

Sam

Style Icon
    It's fine pal, that's pretty damn similar to what I was wearing yesterday evening.
    What I would say is that it certainly didn't feel right going sockless in the evening; I won't be doing it again.

Style Icon
    I left all my crazy socks at Uni because it was so damn hot when I left aha!

Sod it, I'll wear it. It's my old bandmates and its kind of hardcore/punk gig. Ankles is giving me a hipsterish edge so I don't get my head kicked in.

Style Icon
    I recon the opposite would have happened when I saw odd future this future this week: ankles would have had my kicked in! aha.

Tom

Trend Setter
    I'd have said socks, Bane/CBK/insert appropriate band name here t-shirt, crew neck jumper on top. But that's because I wouldn't want to take my peacoat to a hardcore gig, although i'm sure it'd offer good protection in the pit.

Style Icon
    Just got back, wore my peacoat there and hid it in my mates car so it was fine aha.

And for the record, I did get punched in the eye, although it was by accident

+ Reply to Thread