FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... Last
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3273

Style Icon
    I went down town, hoping an expensive tie I've had my eye on would be on sale. It wasn't. Picked this blazer up on sale instead though.

Sleeves are a bit long. Need to decide weather to do something about it or not. The cloth is not your average blazer quality, it's got more of a sweater feel to it. Feels more like a cardigan to wear than a blazer, really.

Trend Setter
    Love the blazer, Marc. I would get the sleeves shortened if I were you - it is still quite a structured blazer and would look good with a smart casual outfit.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    I would get the sleeves shortened if I were you
    Yes, I'll probably have to take it to the tailor. I'm waiting on a couple of shirts I've ordered from the TM Lewin sale (pics below), and sometimes I need to get the sleeves on those slimmed. So it'll have to wait until they arrive.

Trend Setter
    I've got the second shirt and wear it for work. Very nice.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    I've got the second shirt and wear it for work. Very nice.
    TM Lewin can be a bit hit and miss, in my opinion. I've had a couple of shirts from them that have been quite disappointing, while others (most to be fair) have been excellent, and are my favourite shirts.

Fashionisto
    I have the top shirt that I wear for work, am loving it. Really good fit

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Looks like you have some steals from the Mr Porter sale. So many great deals on there it's hard to know which items to buy when you're restricted to a few hundred. I have a question for anyone who's brought from there. Can you arrange postage for Saturdays? I'm living alone at the moment and work from early in the mornings at an office with an unmanned reception. Causes me nightmare issues from Matches where I usually buy as they don't offer Saturday delivery. Do Mr Porter?
    Usually UPS delivers only Monday - Friday. But they normally bring it over to your neighbors if you are not at home, don't they? I had the samr probl though, too. I waited for
    my tracking number and then called UPS to schedule the delivery to 6pm so I could be home. Another way would be having it delivered to your work place maybe?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    TM Lewin can be a bit hit and miss, in my opinion. I've had a couple of shirts from them that have been quite disappointing, while others (most to be fair) have been excellent, and are my favourite shirts.
    I have to say, I think TM Lewin is excellent value for money. I have around 10 work shirts from there that I wear for work and they are lovely quality (as good as Thomas Pink in my opinion but half the price).

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    I have to say, I think TM Lewin is excellent value for money. I have around 10 work shirts from there that I wear for work and they are lovely quality (as good as Thomas Pink in my opinion but half the price).
    Oh, I agree. For the most part, I find their shirts absolutely brilliant value for money.

My problem is, shipping to Sweden - where I live - is 15. If I want to return an item, it's another 15. When you've bought a shirt on sale for 25-35, it's not really worth the hassle to return it if you're not happy with it.
    Last edited by MarcLager; 26-06-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Trend Setter
    Sooo a bit of a spree for me. A few items so may spill onto a few posts coz of the 5 rule limit.

Bought the following:

Suit jacket ASOS Sale (fits a dream)

Suit jacket in brown - 25!! Also fits a dream!

Trousers from Topman - all the below are not sale items sadly!

+ Reply to Thread