FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 ... Last
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3366
    JEK

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    Nice. Where from?
    They're from Playboy - a Danish shoe brand, so probably not available in the UK.
    Regards
    Johan

Style Icon
    Picked a couple of ties and pocket squares up at 70% off.

Glad I didn't pay much for the ties. When I got home, and could have a proper look, the quality was really not what I first though. Really not worth the original asking price.

The red tie is rather nice though.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JA11K View Post
    The red tie is rather nice though.
    Cheers! It's more burgundy, though it might come off as a bit red in the picture. And yes, I like the look of it. My problem with it is that it's a little thin, so I'm not sure how good the knots will be with it.

FashionBeans Staff
    I find myself put off pretty much all knitted ties simply because they make for terrible knots. I've yet to find one that makes anything like a nice knot.

I'd much rather go for textured wool.

Nat

Style Icon
    Love those pocket squares bro. That blue one is beauts

I really need to invest in a couple of woollen ties, I've never tried one. They look very nice but I'll have to take your word for the knot situation, Will.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I find myself put off pretty much all knitted ties simply because they make for terrible knots. I've yet to find one that makes anything like a nice knot.
    I have three knit ties already, all of which were bought second hand, and from my guess made in the 70s. All of them make for great knots, but they make todays knit ties too thin. I think I managed to get a pretty decent knot out of it, but I had to go full Windsor on it, which I pretty much never do (I'm short, big knots make me look tiny).

But this is not a quality tie. I don't regret buying it, I'm just very glad I didn't go for the one at full price (of course, a non-sale item I'd been able to simply take back for a full refund, but they don't do that with sale items).

Trend Setter
    I think the key with knitted ties is to not be afraid to give them a good yank :P
    You do have to pull them quite hard to get a good, tight knot.

I went to France recently and noticed that almost every other guy had a bag, so I made it a mission to find one when I came back. I ended up finding two! The brown one is from H&M so I don't expect it to hold up in the long run but it is perfect for light travel when I go back and forth from home to college. The black one was only $10 and I found it at a local thrift shop, it also seems much sturdier than the H&M one so I'll most likely use it for my laptop, books and anything I'll need on busy days on campus. Overall I am satisfied, especially that I only spent $60 total.

[IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread