FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... Last
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3273

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Just to confirm, the LV bags are 100% legit. Good price as well. Hope you don't get stung too much with import taxes.
    How much is that usually?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Just to confirm, the LV bags are 100% legit. Good price as well. Hope you don't get stung too much with import taxes.
    Hoping it will slip through but I think it’s only about 6% so not too worried

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    How badly worn is it? Levels where rich people who can afford to buy replacements get rid when not necessary or pretty well worn? Would love one but don't want to look like a tramp either like some people who use designer items well past their sell-by date cos of what they cost.
    The one I bought looks hardly used, it just has a nice patina which I think enhances it and will mean that I’m not paranoid about letting it get beaten up. I think a beaten and used LV bag looks great though; like you bought it to use it, not to show off. It’s a classic piece and I’ve always wanted one, but buying one new would be ridic and I definitely would be too scared to give it any real use.

They range from totally knackered to as new on eBay and the price fluctuates accordingly. They are really detailed and simple breakdowns of the condition and loads of pics so it’s not hard to find something that suits.

Here's the link to the one I bought for example

Auth Louis Vuitton Keepall Bandouliere 50 Boston Bag Monogram M41416(BF055029) | eBay

Trend Setter
    Looks like you've got an absolute steal, especially considering postage was free too. That sort of size would be perfect for me. Looking for a weekend bag that I can take away for 3-5 day type trips. Are these bags regularly posted on eBay or is it just something happening right now?

I've only just cottoned on to it, but it seems to me like a constant supply. There are multiple sellers all with tens of thousands of listings.

Really puts into perspective the amount of money a company like LV must be making.

There are plenty of bags around in similar nick for similar money mate. If I was getting one for 5 day trips I would probably get a bigger one, like a 55 or even a 60. Just gonna use this for hand luggage / random trips / shopping tbh as I already have a decent weekend bag.

Have a look at the seller's other items: http://www.eBay.co.uk/sch/elady01/m....p2047675.l2562

Just search "LV Keepall" and the number 55, 60 etc

On another note, I've just found that they do watches. OH DEAR.
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 19-11-2013 at 11:26 PM.

UPDATE: It's apparently cleared customs without me being charged and is out for delivery today

Ridiculously hyped tbh

You lucky bugger! I normally get stung by taxes. Also dislike that you pointed out that they do watches as well. Got my eye on a couple Omega timepieces.

It arrived. SUPER happy with it on my quick inspection at work. Def 100% genuine, you can just tell.

The seller declared it as a gift too which got me out of customs.

Super quick delivery too given that I only ordered it on Sunday. Overly happy about that cos it means I get to use it this weekend for my birthday, didn't expect to get it in time.

Trend Setter
    ^ nice

Trend Setter
    I need one that fits in hand luggage as I don't bother with check-in for weekends as I don't have time to wait around. Take a few staples I can throw on without too much thought that fit together plus a couple of special items for Friday and Saturday nights. Guess I'll go on the easyJet site and compare their hand luggage measurements to the bags on their eBay and see which the biggest I can get away with would be. Thanks for the info and good to hear you're happy with yours. May also have to look in to watches as I've wanted a special one for years!

Basically the 50 is the biggest you can get away with if the bag is fully stuffed. But a 55 or 60 is fine as long as you can squish it into the tester cage thing, i.e. as long as it's not full.

One advantage of getting a used one is that it's not such a disaster if they do make you check it.

Mine is the 50 which I think is the perfect size for me. It's small enough to get away with using it day to day, but big enough to be useful for hand luggage / nights & weekends away. If I wanted it as a true weekend / travel bag I would get a 55 or 60, but then it would be less versatile imo.

+ Reply to Thread