FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... Last
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3372
  1. #1901

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    571
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    APCs arrived and they're gawjus. Fit is spot on, sized down 2 (30 to 28); if I'd gone any smaller I don't think I'd have got them past my hips... Looking forward to breaking these in.

    They look sick. Told you you would love them.

  2. #1902

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    75
    Offline
    Looking good, really good!! From Mr porter??

  3. #1903
    Black Sheep Boy's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton/Dorset
    Posts
    634
    Offline
    Got them off eBay, BNWT for 85 shipped! So chuffed. They're the petit new standard, in between the two (top block & rise more akin to NS, tapering below the knee to PS levels). Perfect for my thunderthighs & womanly hips.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

    Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

    Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

  4. #1904

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    361
    Offline
    How do they fit? I usually wear a 36" but the shop I usually buy from only stock up to a 35". I noticed you bought a size smaller than usual. Is that typically how they fit? Also how slim are the New Standards? I have very big legs from cycling. Like fitted jeans but I'd rip anything too slim cos of the size of my calves

  5. #1905
    Black Sheep Boy's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton/Dorset
    Posts
    634
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    How do they fit? I usually wear a 36" but the shop I usually buy from only stock up to a 35". I noticed you bought a size smaller than usual. Is that typically how they fit? Also how slim are the New Standards? I have very big legs from cycling. Like fitted jeans but I'd rip anything too slim cos of the size of my calves
    APCs are notorious for vanity sizing & stretching, so I'd size down 2" if not more! The ones I got (Petit New Standards) are rather tight in the calf so yeah, New Standards might be best for you. Sizing charts seem to vary from place to place...

    Ben seems to be the APC expert, thoughts?
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

    Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

    Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

  6. #1906

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4
    Offline

    Just bought these online as a Christmas present from my mother(She hates online shopping ha ha). Can't wait to get them on my feet !
    Last edited by paul2641; 23-11-2013 at 01:37 AM.

  7. #1907

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    361
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    APCs are notorious for vanity sizing & stretching, so I'd size down 2" if not more! The ones I got (Petit New Standards) are rather tight in the calf so yeah, New Standards might be best for you. Sizing charts seem to vary from place to place...

    Ben seems to be the APC expert, thoughts?
    Thanks for the reply. I read the descriptions on Mr Porter, Matches etc who all claimed they fit true to size. Knew that couldn't be right when shops aren't even buying in 36"s when they're so in demand. Guess I'll grab a pair of 34"s and one 35" and see how they fit. Thanks for the fit tip too. Can't wear anything too tapered for that reason.

  8. #1908
    Nat

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    910
    Offline
    Just thrifted this pure wool houndstooth jacket for 20 quid. A trip to the cleaners and the tailor, and I should have a quality on trend jacket which fits like a glove, for less than 50

    https://db.tt/9cmt8T7T

  9. #1909
    Black Sheep Boy's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton/Dorset
    Posts
    634
    Offline


    Thorogood work boots from eBay. Red Wing style & quality but a steal for 45 (+ only 7 shipping from the US which is pleasantly surprising...)

    And another old watch:
    Last edited by Black Sheep Boy; 24-11-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

    Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

    Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

  10. #1910

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    571
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I read the descriptions on Mr Porter, Matches etc who all claimed they fit true to size. Knew that couldn't be right when shops aren't even buying in 36"s when they're so in demand. Guess I'll grab a pair of 34"s and one 35" and see how they fit. Thanks for the fit tip too. Can't wear anything too tapered for that reason.
    Yeah, don't trust Mr Porter. Their models may fit their true sizes, but they haven't actually worn the denim for any extended period of time, which basically means they aren't taking the denim-stretch into account.

    With APC's, people generally size down 2-3 sizes. I am a 30 waist, and have a pair of New Cures in a 26 waist (I know, they stretched massively) and a pair of Petit Standards in a 27. Both give me a lovely slim/skinny fit (the PS are definitely the skinnier of the two).
    I am no expert in how the New Standards fit, but I would try and size down by at least two as they are a fair amount wider than the aforementioned.
    I have read of people sizing down by 4+ with the New Standards to achieve a slim/skinny fit, which seems ridiculous to me when APC offer slimmer alternatives, but there you go.

    BSB's advice is spot on.

    If you get the jeans and the legs fit, but the waist is too tight just wear them around and slowly start to button the jeans up. When I got both pairs of mine I could barely do the top button up, and now both fit me perfectly (it probably took a god 30-60 minutes of wear around the house before I could button them up to the top). The jeans are as tight as a virgin at first, but they get a lot comfier after 3 weeks of good wear.

    (PS: I love APC, but I wouldn't call myself an expert, though I'm flattered with the title )

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts