FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... Last
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 3301

Style Icon
    The thing is, I buy a pair of raw denims to fade them. If I want a pair of faded jeans, and I buy a pair, I don't expect them to fade more; they are then devolving into something I didn't initially intend to purchase.

The quality of raw denim, the fit, the fading: everything is better than off-the self denim once it has formed to your body. Nothing compares because no off-the-shelf jeans have the same ability to mould to your body. The fit is incomparable.

There may be conflicting information online, but generally people will only post on an internet site when they have a problem. People are not likely to post for advice when they don't need it.

Raw denim is not for everyone, but personally I love it. Right now I am contemplating getting rid of every pair of jeans I have bar two pairs of raw denim (one faded, one still raw) and a black pair. At the moment I kind of feel like fake-faded jeans look a bit naff.
    Last edited by _Ben_; 26-11-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Trend Setter
    Been stocking up on some nice fine knitwear recently.

Merino roll neck from Uniqlo in a nice burgundy colour:

Merino V-Neck from Uniqlo in Grey:

William Hunt Merino V-Neck in Navy from TK: "William Hunt" Dark Blue Merino Wool Jumper - TK Maxx

Trend Setter

Pretty boring but got a pair of Barker shoes for work. Needless to say its formal attire.

Style Icon
    Pretty boring as well, but I bought a pair of Dr Martens on sale at ASOS. I've wanted to buy a pair for quite a long time, but found it hard to cough up the 90 for them (they're actually about 110 if I'd buy them here at home). But with the sale, and an added 20% discount voucher I got the other day, I got them for 54.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    Been stocking up on some nice fine knitwear recently.

Merino roll neck from Uniqlo in a nice burgundy colour:

Merino V-Neck from Uniqlo in Grey:

William Hunt Merino V-Neck in Navy from TK: "William Hunt" Dark Blue Merino Wool Jumper - TK Maxx
    Textbook, what is that roll neck like? I've been after one or two to wear under blazers, instead of shirts, so I need one that is thin and relatively slim-fitting. Would this one work do you think?

Trend Setter
    Just picked up some Farah slim vintage jeans from ASOS for 45. Only my size left in stock too. Hopefully they will look and fit good.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just got hit with a VAT invoice for my LV bag. Only 30 so not worried but just thought I'd point it out in case anyone it thinking of investing.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Textbook, what is that roll neck like? I've been after one or two to wear under blazers, instead of shirts, so I need one that is thin and relatively slim-fitting. Would this one work do you think?
    For 30, the quality (100% Merino) and construction are excellent. The colour is also lovely and works particularly well under a navy blazer.

However, I found the sizing to be very big (despite asking on here and posters telling me Uniqlo's knitwear was slim fitting .... it isn't). I'm a 38" chest and wear a Medium 99% of the time. I had to send the Medium back and size down to the small (in both the roll neck and the V-neck). I would certainly advise sizing down.

If you want a superb roll neck that fits outstandingly well, I'd recommend John Smedley's Belvoir (I own the charcoal version) but they are 130 so it depends on your budget. For 30, these are great but definitely get a size lower than normal.

Nat

Style Icon
    Ok mate, sounds good. Sounds like a medium would do the job.

And yes, the Smedley is definitely out of my budget! Especially as I want a couple.

Trend Setter
    If you're normally a Large, you'll definitely be fine with a Medium. With me, it wasn't even a case of the Medium being slightly big - it felt like I'd bought the wrong size. Sizing down to a Small fits like all my other clothes (which are nearly always medium). Anyway, do post on here what you get - Uniqlo's knitwear is staggering value for money given what they charge and the fact its 100% merino.

+ Reply to Thread