FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 ... Last
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3578

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I didn't like the polyester material Joshua - they reminded me of a pair of cheap tracksuit bottoms. Couldn't fault the fit though.

On the "hit" side of things, I got a Zara suit earlier in the year and it was spot on - by far the best fitting suit I've bought off the peg. Had a tailor alter another suit trousers I have to match the Zara ones as I liked the fit so much.
    I bought a Zara suit this summer as well and I have to say it fits brilliantly; can't complain about the price either with it only setting me back around 150 for the whole thing (3 piece).

I shop at Zara a lot and I do agree with some of the concerns you guys have mentioned. I find that the fitting at Zara is great for me, of course this won't be the same for everyone. Their quality can be off sometimes however I think that when you do find those pieces that look and feel good, it sort of makes up for it, especially with them being generally affordable.

Trend Setter
    I was totally out of sale money, but spend a bit more than I wanted on my second pair Orlebar Browns Bulldog (because they are just superb):

If someone wants to get them for more than 50% off, the now offer further reductions in their sale section! OB Sale Shop | Orlebar Brown

Trend Setter
    ^ I'd really like a pair, but at 78€ (which comes to about 93€ for me with shipping) they're still a bit too expensive for just swim shorts imo. I wonder if the price could drop further?
    Last edited by malti001; 08-01-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Style Icon
    Managed to resist the sales so far due to extreme poverty, but just picked up this blazer from HE by Mango, been after a casual winter-weight navy blazer:
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Trend Setter
    That blazer is really nice.

Had these turn up today:

Pic doesn't really do them justice, they fit lovely and look great on. I've tried them with shirts/t shirts, denim jacket and a biker jacket so far. Really happy with them for 18.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    I was totally out of sale money, but spend a bit more than I wanted on my second pair Orlebar Browns Bulldog (because they are just superb):

If someone wants to get them for more than 50% off, the now offer further reductions in their sale section! OB Sale Shop | Orlebar Brown
    They arrived yet? Worth the ? Thinking of buying a pair now too as in the summer they'll no doubt be full price. Off on holiday in 2 weeks and my hotel has a pool so would like some nice swimming trunks to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    ^ I'd really like a pair, but at 78 (which comes to about 93 for me with shipping) they're still a bit too expensive for just swim shorts imo. I wonder if the price could drop further?
    Sign up to Secret Sales, as they normally feature OB with more than 50% off. Otherwise Google the style, as loads of indie retailers carry the brand and are slashing prices left right and center.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    They arrived yet? Worth the ? Thinking of buying a pair now too as in the summer they'll no doubt be full price. Off on holiday in 2 weeks and my hotel has a pool so would like some nice swimming trunks to wear.
    I've got a pair of the setters in black and they're hands down the best swim shorts ever. I used to pack a few pairs to rotate on holiday, but with these you just need to one pair and you're set. Smart enough to wear with a shirt to a bar and quick drying material so an easy transition from the pool.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Sign up to Secret Sales, as they normally feature OB with more than 50% off. Otherwise Google the style, as loads of indie retailers carry the brand and are slashing prices left right and center.

I've got a pair of the setters in black and they're hands down the best swim shorts ever. I used to pack a few pairs to rotate on holiday, but with these you just need to one pair and you're set. Smart enough to wear with a shirt to a bar and quick drying material so an easy transition from the pool.
    Ever seen a pair of Pink House Mustique ones in person? Would looking at maybe buying their pink ones half price for just under 50 and the OBs for half price in the 60s. Would then be fine for a rotation all summer. Never read anything about the quality of the other brand though.

Picked up this scarf when collecting my holdall today.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Checked out Secret Sales, and from my understanding they're kind of like Gilt? I can't order from the former because I'm outside of the UK, but I reckon that I should get into the habit of copping stuff from flash sale sites like Gilt and such.

PS. Has anyone actually bought stuff from Gilt? I've heard a couple of mixed reviews about them.
    Last edited by malti001; 09-01-2014 at 01:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread