FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 321 ... Last
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3239

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Rah that jacket is amazing, wish I'd copped

Not really feeling the hat & scarves and you def don't need them with that jacket imo. It's enough of a statement already.

Rest of the fit is solid tho

You're right - the accessories would probably overkill it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1234 View Post
    I definitely agree
    Me too!

Thanks for the feedback guys - very much appreciated.

Style Icon
    I must admit with camouflage I think it's one of the prints that you go OTT with, after all the roots of this look are military where the whole outfit is camouflaged. I personally would be bang on for going for a huge mix and having some fun with the print - after all life's too short not too! Just my opinion, with fashion I believe there is no right or wrong answer, just dress how you feel on the day

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I must admit with camouflage I think it's one of the prints that you go OTT with, after all the roots of this look are military where the whole outfit is camouflaged. I personally would be bang on for going for a huge mix and having some fun with the print - after all life's too short not too! Just my opinion, with fashion I believe there is no right or wrong answer, just dress how you feel on the day
    There's a hell of a lot of truth in what you are saying here Creed. Not sure if I'd go full camo though... could end up looking like one of these dudes -

Might still run with the hat though.. it's not camo but brown - this pic shows it a bit better. Will see when it arrives.

Trend Setter
    Since reading the hype and my leather having to go back being to small I got one of these basically half price:

Feeling really torn though as I've been looking for a leather for a while. Oh well maybe another time, plus I don't have to keep it.

^ That's way better than the ubiquitous leather biker, much more versatile and original

Finding leather bikers a bit cringe nowadays tbh. You've got to be a very specific type of person to pull them off without looking like a douchebag. They are still great on girls though.

Style Icon
    I managed to buy the last pair of Cheaney 'Martin' in size 7 in the whole world from my local Austin Reed, right under my nose after all this time! I've had these before and was considering some tan monk shoes as a replacement, but something was holding me back, they are for work and I think double monks for work are maybe too much, I think they look better with jeans.

Style Icon
    I managed to buy the last pair of Cheaney 'Martin' in size 7 in the whole world from my local Austin Reed, right under my nose after all this time! I've had these before and was considering some tan monk shoes as a replacement, but something was holding me back, they are for work and I think double monks for work are maybe too much, I think they look better with jeans.
    Never heard of Cheaney before.. (easy to miss out on all these type of places where I live)... just had a look at the website. I love seeing companies like this who've been on the go for generations and still continue to make quality goods.

Nice shoes btw!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Never heard of Cheaney before.. (easy to miss out on all these type of places where I live)... just had a look at the website. I love seeing companies like this who've been on the go for generations and still continue to make quality goods.

Nice shoes btw!
    Thanks!

Yes cheaney are true traditional shoe makers, you know it's a serious company when they talk about 'lasts' and width sizes. Cheaney are in a bubble of shoe makers who all seem to be made in the same factory with the same owners - Church, cheaney and Herring.

The Herring site is the best for traditional shoes, no designer brands just pure hand made shoes - Church, Church's Shoes, Churches Shoes, Herring Shoes, Loakes, Loake Shoes, Barker, Cheaney, Tricker's, RE Tricker, Sebago, Jeffery West

It has to be said shoes and suits are about the only things I splash out on - I have 3 other Cheaney shoes and the black ones are over 3 years old and still look new. The leather is so quality and the shoe holds it's shape just like new all these years later. It's the only items of clothing where I actually truly believe spending more gets you a more quality product.

It's the only items of clothing where I actually truly believe spending more gets you a more quality product.
    Really?

I'd say that is almost always the case, as long as you know what to look for

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Really?

I'd say that is almost always the case, as long as you know what to look for
    They caveat being 'as long as you know what you are looking for'! I'd say a majority of well known designers or higher priced high street brands don't necessarily come with the quality. For example, a Hugo boss or Armani suit will be made with 'average' cloths, a Gant or Ralph Lauren knit jumper is no more special than Marks and Spencer, All Saints looks good but falls apart easily etc. You tend to have to rummage for boutique or lesser known brands which may come with the higher price for truly quality materials and craftsmanship. There will always be exceptions of course, but for general clothing I still find my Uniqlo, and even H&M or River Island last just as long as something twice the price, and for as long as this is the case, I'm fairly content with spending as little as possible where I can!

+ Reply to Thread