FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 ... Last
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3401

Wow, is it really that bad?? And do you mean both are too big, or just the one?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to try the TH on beforehand, since it was an online order too. But I'll be honest and say I didn't think it was that far off when I put it on. Perhaps I would be better off with a 38L rather than a 40R (sleeve length always kills me).

Nat

Style Icon
    They're nice items, but I have to agree that they are both too big. From the pics I would say they are too big all over (i.e. in the shoulders, not just the waist). If that is the case, the you've got three options - take it to a decent tailor and get his/her advice on whether they alter the shoulders. This can be expensive though, and might not be worth it. Or see if you can get away with using them as outwear, and wear heavy layers underneath (see Ivan's post on the pattern-mixing challenge thread). The tweed one will lend itself to this especially. Or you can sell them.

They both look big to me tbh. There seems to be a lot of room in the waist and shoulders. I really think you are a 38 - you look pretty slim.

Is it too late to exchange the Hilfiger? Guessing the vintage one can't go back, but it wasn't that expensive anyway so a few alterations could help.

I think this might be helpful:

Here are some well-fitting blazers.

It should hug your body really. Yours seem to have quite a bit of volume to the fit. It's a common mistake to buy the size up.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

Gutted I missed these.

Trend Setter
    Agree that the blazers are too big.

Hmm, well thanks for the tips guys.

@Nat Yeah I've been meaning to visit my tailor for a while for some other things, I'll bring the tweed along when I do.... Retaining it as outerwear in any case seems like it might be a good option, as that was at least half the reason I bought it in the first place.

@Ivan That is helpful, though I've noticed modern fit seems to gravitate more towards the "too small" area for jacket closure (even the middle top guy in your picture looks more like the "too small" than the "just right" picture IMO, but maybe that's just me...)

I feel pretty confident I could exchange the Hilfiger, assuming a 38 L is still in stock... I will definitely try to.

Succumbed and purchased my second Belstaff jacket today:

Belstaff Darlington jacket
    Last edited by joshua; 05-02-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Trend Setter
    I don't really like any of the Belstaff jackets, tbh. But I guess it's just not my type.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Succumbed and purchased my second Belstaff jacket today:

Sweet lord jesus, that is a nice jacket. Mind me asking for a link or figure on that mate?

HIT

Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    V.Nice Jonesy where from fella?
    Allsaints

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Good buys

Just copped this Reiss wool blazer in store. One of those things that's nothing special on the hanger, but magic happens when you put it on

So comfy and super versatile. Bought it with holiday in mind but it will go with a lot of stuff I reckon.

Already tried it with a few bits, it works as a standalone jacket, can be worn with a shirt and a knitted tie for a smarter thing, it can be layered under coats and jackets, and it works over my denim jacket too.

Pics soon come
    Nice pick up, have had my eye on this for awhile.

+ Reply to Thread