FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 ... Last
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3352

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

Ordered the same jacket last week, received confirmation email as usual. Went to check delivery status today - "error occurred". Contacted customer service. Was told that the item was out of stock.

Very shoddy stuff indeed. Would have expected more from AS.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Ordered the same jacket last week, received confirmation email as usual. Went to check delivery status today - "error occurred". Contacted customer service. Was told that the item was out of stock.

Very shoddy stuff indeed. Would have expected more from AS.
    ASOS are having big trouble with this at the minute too, sales getting hit harder than ever it seems.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    To be fair to her, taking it in at the sides is the more professional (and more complex / time consuming) way to taper a jacket. Taking it in at the back just makes the bottom flair out by the hips and it slightly changes the overall silhouette. I pay 18 for side tapering, so in dollars I think that's maybe $30. Here is the price list for one of the more mainstream tailors in the UK, it will give you an idea! The Zip Yard :: Clothing Alterations and Repairs . It would be unthinkable to pay over 40 for pretty much any specific alteration job, with the exception maybe of a leather item.

As for sleeve length, here's a picture of one of my tailor made jackets with no shirt under (sorry crap photo as I'm in some hotel in the middle of nowhere). You can see that the cuff sits above the wrist, maybe not a full inch but most definitely slightly above - this is so that a shirt cuff can be shown. There are no hard and fast rules, but showing approx 1" of cuff is the traditional fit for a suit - this guide looks fairly helpful - Sleeve Length Guide for Suits, Jackets and Shirts ? Gentleman's Gazette

Here's one of mine for reference - all of my suits are cut the same:

Yeah, yeah, we get it - your suits are tailored, and you drive a BMW. I suppose you have many leather-bound books, and your apartment smells of rich mahogany too? ;-)

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Yeah, yeah, we get it - your suits are tailored, and you drive a BMW. I suppose you have many leather-bound books, and your apartment smells of rich mahogany too? ;-)
    If only!! This photo was taken in some shoddy hotel that smells more like mothballs!!

Style Icon
    I drove past Bicester outlet village whilst on the way to a meeting, and thought it would be rude not to take a look. Picked up a lovely Paul Smith tie for peanuts, and another pair of Reiss double monks too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I drove past Bicester outlet village whilst on the way to a meeting, and thought it would be rude not to take a look. Picked up a lovely Paul Smith tie for peanuts, and another pair of Reiss double monks too!

Both nice purchases. Really liking the double monks.

alright! first post in these forums, but just picked up this navy blazer from Jack Wills. It's the first blazer i've ever owned (poor uni student) so I'm not 100% sure on the sizing. any suggestions on tailoring etc would be great I realise it's a crap photo, but you can get the idea I think.

Trend Setter
    Shoulders and body look good but sleeves perhaps a touch long? Might be worth getting them shortened slightly.

Fashionisto
    Not sexy but:

I always seem to wear plain black socks so I thought I'd live a bit more dangerously.
    6 pairs of "Pringles" about 12 from Costco.
    2 pairs of "Tenderfoots" (tenderfeet?) Smalley's Menswear ,Nottingham. Those are the top row right hand end.

(I'm just making sure I can get the pics up)
    Last edited by AndyWatson; 06-02-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Fashionisto
    Due to a rubbish picture just snagged a black Reiss overcoat on eBay for 6.50. Delivery is costing more than the coat!

+ Reply to Thread