FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... Last
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3301

Banned
    I just bought a black blazer

Style Icon
    Just ordered the COS white trainers. Still waiting on the last order to arrive though - according to DPD it's been sitting in a depot in Germany since Monday which doesn't really impress me.

Got a delivery from JCrew yesterday of a chambray shirt. It is supposedly a slim fit medium, but the fucking thing is like a tent - there's at least 6 inches of surplus material around the chest & waist. Slim in the States must mean something entirely different.

On the plus side, my AS grey denim jacket just arrived - great fit, as I'd hoped. Must install a mirror in the office.
    Last edited by DorianGrape; 08-05-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Trend Setter
    Actually went instore at COS and tried on the trainers. I really love them. Of course they are not as comfortable and durable as CPs but I actually bought two pairs cause I like them so much (after all one pays half for two pairs of COS than for one pair of CPs...)

The leather is thick and looks reall good though I think it might crease easily.
    Last edited by Anagni; 08-05-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Got a delivery from JCrew yesterday of a chambray shirt. It is supposedly a slim fit medium, but the fucking thing is like a tent - there's at least 6 inches of surplus material around the chest & waist. Slim in the States must mean something entirely different.
    When you find a slim fitting chambray, please share the details. Even the UNIQLO Medium ones are not that slim on me and I am 6ft and 12stone. Unfortunately the small are too tight on the shoulders.

Slim shirts which fit average shoulders are a holey-grail.

ASOS Oxford Button Down used to have 2x darts in the back and they fit like a dream, and only 20 to boot. Their latest range you can fit both me and my little boy in them with space to spare. If I could find a tailor to put the darts in for a fiver - I would get one in every colour...

Bought SO much from Uniqlo lately.

Though some may argue some of their stuff isn't the most exciting, their clothes (especially tops) fit me an absolute dream. I've not come close to finding another brand that rivals them for value in terms of quality and the fit on me.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    Actually went instore at COS and tried on the trainerrs. I really love them. Of course they are not as comfortable and durable as CPs but I actually bought two pairs cause I like them so much (after all one pays half for two pairs of COS than for one pair of CPs...) The leather is thick and looks reall good though I think it might crease easily.
    I've never owned a pair of white trainers before - they're not a big thing in Ireland like they are in the UK, but I like the look of them from posts by the likes of Joshua in the WAYWT thread. I like the Jack Purcells but already own 2 pairs of Converse, so I thought I'd give these a go. Good to hear that you like them.

Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    When you find a slim fitting chambray, please share the details. Even the UNIQLO Medium ones are not that slim on me and I am 6ft and 12stone. Unfortunately the small are too tight on the shoulders.

Slim shirts which fit average shoulders are a holey-grail.

ASOS Oxford Button Down used to have 2x darts in the back and they fit like a dream, and only 20 to boot. Their latest range you can fit both me and my little boy in them with space to spare. If I could find a tailor to put the darts in for a fiver - I would get one in every colour...
    I'm a very similar build to you. The best place I find for slim fit shirts is Zara. They don't do chambrays though. I'll keep you posted if I come across one!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Just ordered the COS white trainers. Still waiting on the last order to arrive though - according to DPD it's been sitting in a depot in Germany since Monday which doesn't really impress me.

On the plus side, my AS grey denim jacket just arrived - great fit, as I'd hoped. Must install a mirror in the office.
    COS delivery always takes an age. They use private delivery people so if you live anywhere remotely outside a major city the chances are they will leave your item until last to send. Bloody annoying.

I'm tempted to buy the shoes as well.
    But I need to get Eminem tickets on Friday, so I don't know if my current finances will stretch...

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    COS delivery always takes an age. They use private delivery people so if you live anywhere remotely outside a major city the chances are they will leave your item until last to send. Bloody annoying.

I'm tempted to buy the shoes as well.
    But I need to get Eminem tickets on Friday, so I don't know if my current finances will stretch...
    Eminem.. is he still alive?

Style Icon
    Alive and spitting

Seconded about fir for Zara. I have a lean build myself, and find Zara's fits to be most flattering. For tshirts I love how their super slim fit tees, medium size fits my body. For shirts, slim fit medium for casual (like I bought a denim shirt in medium size) or small for the smart shirts.

+ Reply to Thread