FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... Last
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3576
  1. #2671

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    407
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    When you find a slim fitting chambray, please share the details. Even the UNIQLO Medium ones are not that slim on me and I am 6ft and 12stone. Unfortunately the small are too tight on the shoulders.

    Slim shirts which fit average shoulders are a holey-grail.

    ASOS Oxford Button Down used to have 2x darts in the back and they fit like a dream, and only £20 to boot. Their latest range you can fit both me and my little boy in them with space to spare. If I could find a tailor to put the darts in for a fiver - I would get one in every colour...
    Aspesi make them in different styles. They're cut properly slim too because they're Italian, not made for the UK/US markets where obesity issues have made our sizing ridiculous. Not sure which other brands but highly recommend them if you want simple yet well made.

  2. #2672
    DorianGrape's Avatar

    FashionBeans Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Aspesi make them in different styles. They're cut properly slim too because they're Italian, not made for the UK/US markets where obesity issues have made our sizing ridiculous. Not sure which other brands but highly recommend them if you want simple yet well made.
    I emailed JCrew moaning about their sizings. They wrote back to let me know that their slim-fit sizes are as follows:

    POINTS OF MEASURE XS-------S-------M
    Across Shoulders ------16.75---17.75--18.75
    Chest Circumference 39-------42--------45
    Waist Circumference 36.5-----39.5-----42.5

    Even in the UK a 39" chest would be a medium, but in the States it's an XS and a medium is 45". Those Americans must be seriously fat bastards.

    Will check out Aspesi. Cheers for the rec.

  3. #2673

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    111
    Offline
    I'm in the same boat on the chambrays, was debating picking up the J Crew but on those measurements the small would be best for chest, medium too small on the shoulders and the extra small preferable on waist!

    So any other suggestions would be appreciated!

  4. #2674

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    407
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I emailed JCrew moaning about their sizings. They wrote back to let me know that their slim-fit sizes are as follows:

    POINTS OF MEASURE XS-------S-------M
    Across Shoulders ------16.75---17.75--18.75
    Chest Circumference 39-------42--------45
    Waist Circumference 36.5-----39.5-----42.5

    Even in the UK a 39" chest would be a medium, but in the States it's an XS and a medium is 45". Those Americans must be seriously fat bastards.

    Will check out Aspesi. Cheers for the rec.
    It's become ridiculous. I'm 6"2-6"3 and 16st with a 43" (ish) chest and 36" waist with big arms and shoulders yet for many American brands a L is so baggy I need to get them tailored. I'm struggling to comprehend how anyone my size could be below XL in any logical sizing system. If I buy Italian or French jackets or blazers I need an XXL let alone L. After ordering enough of their items you get to a point where you just want to give up on British and American brands and order Italian every time as you know how they'll be cut and how the sizing works. Paul Smith Jeans is another line with criminal sizing. Can only see sizings getting bigger and bigger as our population becomes fatter sadly.

  5. #2675

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    407
    Offline
    BTW if anyone cares I just bought one of these for £59 down from £195 for work. Wanted something a little more special but after dropping £600-700 last week I couldn't justify spending over £100 on a bag without waiting a month.


  6. #2676
    DorianGrape's Avatar

    FashionBeans Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    It's become ridiculous. I'm 6"2-6"3 and 16st with a 43" (ish) chest and 36" waist with big arms and shoulders yet for many American brands a L is so baggy I need to get them tailored. I'm struggling to comprehend how anyone my size could be below XL in any logical sizing system. If I buy Italian or French jackets or blazers I need an XXL let alone L. After ordering enough of their items you get to a point where you just want to give up on British and American brands and order Italian every time as you know how they'll be cut and how the sizing works. Paul Smith Jeans is another line with criminal sizing. Can only see sizings getting bigger and bigger as our population becomes fatter sadly.
    I don't think I'll be going Stateside again! What other Italian places would you recommend?

  7. #2677

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    407
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I don't think I'll be going Stateside again! What other Italian places would you recommend?
    Any of the Slowear brands are brilliant (Inc Glanshirt their shirt line/brand) if you can find them reduced. Barena is another high quality, expensive one you can sometimes find on offer near half price. Massimo Alba too. Must admit I'm not a big shirt wearer although all of these can be found at big discounts with good research and will be cut perfectly and last for years. Another one I quite like but doesn't seem to be stocked in the UK is Halibut. Postage is expensive from their side but the shirts are way underpriced compared to similar quality from known brands.

  8. #2678

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    449
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Any of the Slowear brands are brilliant (Inc Glanshirt their shirt line/brand) if you can find them reduced. Barena is another high quality, expensive one you can sometimes find on offer near half price. Massimo Alba too. Must admit I'm not a big shirt wearer although all of these can be found at big discounts with good research and will be cut perfectly and last for years. Another one I quite like but doesn't seem to be stocked in the UK is Halibut. Postage is expensive from their side but the shirts are way underpriced compared to similar quality from known brands.
    There’s some beautiful Barena blazers at Yoox at the moment.

    Have you ever bought anything from Boglioli? Keen to see what all the fuss is about.

  9. #2679
    DorianGrape's Avatar

    FashionBeans Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Offline
    Well, despite having spent 3 days sitting in a German depot, my COS package just landed in by courier. They said 4-5 working days & they were right... now to check if those underpaid Bangladeshi workers did a good job on the stitching.

  10. #2680

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    449
    Offline
    Do let us know what the quality is like! Keen to try Cos -don't own anything from there at present.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts