FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 277 285 325 ... Last
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3356

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    Just got this holdall as a birthday present:

I've been looking for a small leather holdall that I can carry my gym gear in for a while. I'm not a fan of the gigantic weekend type holdalls that seem to be sold everywhere, and this fits the bill perfectly!
    That's well nice, mate. You might not know this as it's a gift, but any idea of where it's from/the price? I'm starting a job (selling my soul) at a law firm in September and need a gym bag for after work. I don't think my current Nike one fits with the suited & booted attire I'll be adopting so I've been looking for something leather & this looks fit for it. Lmk!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Acoustic1 View Post
    Had completely forgotten about these and luckily I hadn't bought them yet.
    Think I'll go for a pair of Jack Purcells instead for this summer's jollies.
    Thanks for taking the bullet first Dorian! Glad you let us know now!
    I personally have them, too and I don't think they are that bad. As badly as I want some white CPs, after using those for a few days I think taking care of the CPs most be horrible. I am glad they are that cheap. Sure, their construction ain't that nice and they are a bit on the bulky side, but I still think for 79€ they are fairly decent shoes.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Acoustic1 View Post
    Had completely forgotten about these and luckily I hadn't bought them yet.
    Think I'll go for a pair of Jack Purcells instead for this summer's jollies.
    Thanks for taking the bullet first Dorian! Glad you let us know now!
    Ya - JPs would definitely be a better option.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    I personally have them, too and I don't think they are that bad. As badly as I want some white CPs, after using those for a few days I think taking care of the CPs most be horrible. I am glad they are that cheap. Sure, their construction ain't that nice and they are a bit on the bulky side, but I still think for 79€ they are fairly decent shoes.
    €88 if you include delivery, €92 if you include the €4 they charge you for returning them - I shit you not. You can get much better shoes for that price or less.

I bought a Rains Raincoat off Boozt.com a few months back, which I returned because the smell of Polyurethane nearly knocked me dead. Returned it with an included returns label and everything was fine and dandy. Until they bloody charged me 9 for the label. It's a wonder that most online clothes retailers even exist with Asos and similar companies offering free deliveries and returns.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    €88 if you include delivery, €92 if you include the €4 they charge you for returning them - I shit you not. You can get much better shoes for that price or less.
    I bought them instore so it's actually been 79€. I couldn't find any fully leather-constructed white sneakers that are lined with leather and were that minimal. If you did, please tell me where to get them, if their quality is that much better!

The point I was trying to make is that white sneakers, be it CPs or COS or whatever, are extremely hard to take care off - they just get dirty too quickly and I have never managed to get white shoes back to real white and clean. I'd rather spent 79€ and throw them away after a year or two than 300€ with the same result. I don't own the white CPs so I can't evaluate if they're easier to clean, material-wise they might last a lot longer for sure, but as I said mentioned above: Never been able to get that real clean looks out of some again.

Des

Style Icon
    Not a fan of box fresh white really. The sweet spot for me is after 3-4 weeks of straight wearing with natural dirt in the right places and a bit of creasing.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    I bought them instore so it's actually been 79. I couldn't find any fully leather-constructed white sneakers that are lined with leather and were that minimal. If you did, please tell me where to get them, if their quality is that much better!

The point I was trying to make is that white sneakers, be it CPs or COS or whatever, are extremely hard to take care off - they just get dirty too quickly and I have never managed to get white shoes back to real white and clean. I'd rather spent 79 and throw them away after a year or two than 300 with the same result. I don't own the white CPs so I can't evaluate if they're easier to clean, material-wise they might last a lot longer for sure, but as I said mentioned above: Never been able to get that real clean looks out of some again.
    Fair point. Personally, I'd be more like Des & would prefer them a bit worn in.

Trend Setter
    So sorry, should read my sentences twice before posting... But thanks nonetheless.

Fashionisto
    After some advice on the board, got myself some tan Bass Weejun loafers:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Really pleased with them.

I'm wondering, since i'm still learning, what you guys would recommend for trouser/sock colour combinations with these shoes - which do you think look really good?

+ Reply to Thread