FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 ... Last
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3242

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    How many sizes did you size up? Not sure how many I should try and there's no shop around that stocks any.
    I bought online. I knew my size by looking at the size guidelines. I wear AS cig size 30 and Nudie size 31, my waist is 33.
    What helped me is the Asos compare size chart seen when you view an item of trousers.

Des

Trend Setter
    Ay just bought a pair of Thin Finns. Went tts and fit similar to sizing up on the tlj's.

Trend Setter
    You know what would be your best bet. Find the pair of trousers that fit you best and measure them width wise, not all round. Use that width "across waist" size (mine is 42cm, 16.6In) to find your jeans.

Zac

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Martino View Post
    Haha, good man! I normally find Jones size 8s perfect for me and I have quite wide feet and sometimes have to take a 9 in shoes. So you might get away with it. Still swaying whether to buy them or not, 28 is an absolute steal.
    Do you know what the usual delivery time is mate? Missed it before when I ordered!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac View Post
    Do you know what the usual delivery time is mate? Missed it before when I ordered!
    Tends to be around about 3-4 working days from when I ordered from them online. They use DPD though which is ace because they text you the day before delivery and give you various options to change the delivery date or pass them on to your neighbour etc. They also text you in the morning giving you an hour slot of when the delivery will be made that day. The tracking service is excellent as well, I was able to watch the delivery man deliver to every house around my town (I was delivery no. 106) and I even texted my mate telling him a DPD van was sitting right outside his house much to his confusion haha!

Zac

Fashionisto
    sweet, DPD are awesome - cheers for the advice mate!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    The Jackson Pollock tees look awesome! Too bad Uniqlo don't ship to Malta
    Ah too bad mate. eBay may be your friend in future of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    nice

Would defo benefit from an iron and a sleeve roll
    Totally agree. I couldn't be arsed to roll all the sleeves and wanted to put the fit picks up for everyone's benefit. When you're a 38 (top end of small, low end of medium) it's a pretty hard choice when buying online. Sleeve roll (or jacket) + iron should work wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Martino View Post
    You've convinced me to buy one McCoy as I was going to hang off, they look pretty smart.

I went for this one...
    Nice stuff. I'm surprised artistic iconography doesn't find itself into more prints

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    The tees look great McCoy - I like the last two the most. Ordered a couple yesterday myself ..

Fit-wise, I think they look good but the arms are making them look too big for you.. would look much better with a sleeve roll as Ivan says.

Jeans look good too - I must have a look at Nudies.
    Cheers! I agree that the arms are the problem (then again I have pretty skinny arms, but I've got too many books to read to go to the gym, although some of those are pretty heavy! [insert rubbish smiley]

Re: Jeans, I am so impressed with them. I can't compare with AS jeans (only ever had one pair, a drop crotch type pair I bought from TK maxx at the start of my interest in clothes... I kid you not I did not notice the rise until I took it out the bag at home. D'oh!) but they're excellent. I went with the Tube Tom as they're not low-slung like the Tight Long Johns. I found their fit guide very useful too. (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    How many sizes did you size up? Not sure how many I should try and there's no shop around that stocks any.
    On Nudies? I didn't size up: I sized down. My actual size is 32, so I used Nudie's excellent fit guide that gives measurements. Drag the fit into the box, and in the bottom left corner click 'show measurements' and compare the sizes. As said here, double them and you get the actual size. So useful. I went for the 31, as the sizing is (IIRC) just around 32-32 1/2 inches, maybe a smidge higher. That makes for a very good fit (no need for a belt) but still some comfort. Being skinnies it's fine that they're well-fitted/tight anyway.

Fit Guide
    Last edited by McCoy; 05-06-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Fashionisto
    Bought some shorts, can never have enough
    [IMG][/IMG]

Fashionisto
    You guys are so bad for my wallet! I picked up 4 items from Uniqlo:

Uniqlo Jackson Pollock T-shirt
    MEN SPRZ NY Graphic Short Sleeve T-Shirt*-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

Uniqlo Matthew Brannon T-shirt

Uniqlo Polo shirt (with dolphins on, dolphins! Awesome)
    MEN Dry Pique Printed Short Sleeve Polo Shirt*-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

Uniqlo Slim-fit Oxford Shirt
    MEN Oxford Slim Fit Long Sleeve Shirt*-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

I won't bother posting any stock pictures as most of them have been shown in the past couple of pages, I'll see what I can do with actual pics when they arrive tomorrow!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightonMike View Post
    You guys are so bad for my wallet! I picked up 4 items from Uniqlo:

Uniqlo Jackson Pollock T-shirt

Uniqlo Matthew Brannon T-shirt

Uniqlo Polo shirt (with dolphins on, dolphins! Awesome)
    MEN Dry Pique Printed Short Sleeve Polo Shirt*-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

Uniqlo Slim-fit Oxford Shirt
    MEN Oxford Slim Fit Long Sleeve Shirt*-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

I won't bother posting any stock pictures as most of them have been shown in the past couple of pages, I'll see what I can do with actual pics when they arrive tomorrow!
    You can't go wrong with uniqlo! The dolphin one is cool.

+ Reply to Thread