FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 ... Last
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3401

Trend Setter
    Abysmal conduct, ICA.

Fashionisto
    ICA - I can't say I'm surprised unfortunately. I think it's really shoddy that these companies can get away with this. Will certainly be doing my best to avoid any Sports Direct owned companies from now on.

Riiiiight, let's try this again...

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_s_r View Post
    Lovely shoes. Always quite fancied a pair of Loake's, how do you find they fit?
    The fit is superb. I have a cheaper pair I got in the TK Maxx sale (though not their Indian made L1 range) and they took a while to break in but now they're stunningly comfortable. The trick seems to be to polish them several times a week - the leather needs a fair bit of wax to help it soften.

Trend Setter
    Did you give in and bought them at retail ICA?

Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    Did you give in and bought them at retail ICA?
    I did

Just arrived (slightly better service from Mr P)

What do we reckon?

Worth keeping at that price? Would white ones possibly a better investment?

I am loving the black tbh, very luxurious. Probably just as happy with Air Max etc for white trainers...

Trend Setter
    Outrageous price, but they're smart trainers. The answer to 'will white trainers be a better investment than black' is always going to be yes, not many items are as classic as the humble white trainer but if you're not going to miss the currency then get them kept.

It's just that white ones get dirty and show creasing more, whereas I think these ones will be a bit more resilient

I already have white Our Legacy Off Courts (which are admittedly quite beaten now) and the sand suede Lanvins, as well as a plethora of white Nikes, Vans etc, so I'd say a pair of minimalist black daps is probably missing from my collection. Closest I have are the BW flyknits, but they serve a totally different purpose really.

I do think black is a good shout but I'm just unsure about the price. Gonna have to convince the wife too lol

Keep them, they look smart. White obviously goes with more, but I know you'll end up getting a pair of those eventually anyway.

I'm holding out the black Achilles mids on sale at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Keep them, they look smart. White obviously goes with more, but I know you'll end up getting a pair of those eventually anyway.

I'm holding out the black Achilles mids on sale at some point.
    I'm defo leaning towards keeping them.

Think I prefer lows to mids in all of them really - there's something really appealing about the low silhouette.

I'd probably just rock some chelsea boots or my AS trap boots rather than black mids.

Looking at completed listings on eBay, you'd have to be really lucky to find a classic leather pair in a size 9 in new condition. I'll be keeping an eye out for sure, but I don't think I've got the patience after trying these on. The quality really is on another level.

+ Reply to Thread