FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Wedding Outfit Advice & Where To Find Pocket Squares

Hi all,

I have been invited to a wedding evening drinks in a couple of weeks and need some inspiration for what to wear.

A few conditions:

1) It's a smart affair so i'll either be wearing my charcoal wool suit OR my slimmer fitting navy blue one - prefference for the latter.

2) My girlfried is wearing purple and whilst I don't want to look like catalogue models I would like to incoporate purple in to the mix. Thinking socks or pocket square rather than block purple tie.

Also, anyone know anywhere with a good range of pocket squares? Most places seem to do a few but not a good range (my ideal would be one incorporating purple white and another colour in a cool design or pattern.)

Look forward to your thoughts.

FashionBeans Staff
    Hugo Boss did a good range when I last when into store, or you could try Reiss for pocket squares

Tie Rack? Topman also have some good ones at the moment

Jay

Style Icon
    Reiss and Ted Baker have a decent selection, but neither in purple from a quick browse of their webstores.

Places online that stock purple ones include:

Nordstrom
    Gresham Blake
    Dalvey
    Forzieri
    Swagger & Swoon

I'd personally go with Dalvey. They have several styles in purple and their houndstooth and shepherd check squares are lovely,

FashionBeans Staff
    Hey Ben,
    Living in London, I'd take a trip to one of the markets (I'd advise either Portobello or Spitalfields on a Thursday) to look for some old ones. You often find a wide range of material and colour and always at a cheap price. High-street or high-fashion pocket squares can often be quite expensive.

Mr Porter.com has a nice range of high-end pocket squares if the market proves unsuccesful.

Evan

Thanks guys. Some really good options here.

I'm feeling very inspired - particularly liking the idea of black and white hounds tooth check pockets square with a navy suit white shirt and a black tie with purple stripe. Will post a link to a pic when ive got one.

+ Reply to Thread