FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Help - Right Shoes For Pairing With Black Pants/Chinos

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but I need some help: I have many skinny pants, and the black ones are the ones I wear the most. Anyway, here's the thing: I've been using Converse All Stars the whole time and now I want to buy a pair of shoes. I was thinking of buying these (ASOS | ASOS Lace-Up Derby Shoes at ASOS) but I still don't know what color should I pick for matching my black pants!
    Any advice will be good!

Thanks a lot for your time
    Ezequiel

Depends on what sort fo look you're after really.

I'd probably go for some Brown ones but there is an ongoing debate as to whether this is acceptable.

FashionBeans Staff
    You will find that brown will work better with any other colours you have and as with pin money they could still work with your black jeans, but black shoes are going to be far easier to wear with black jeans, all down to personal preference really.

I think those shoes are great. I would suggest that the pants and shoes be of the same color.

Jay

Style Icon
    We should have a black/brown forum the amount of times this has come up! It's almost like we have our own meme!

I'd stick with black personally. As William says, it's easier to pull off effectively with black jeans. If you wear black jeans an awful lot then black shoes would get a lot of good use too.

I think a slimmer shoe like those linked is not a bad choice with skinnys. However, those Asos shoes look cheaply made (although I've never bought a pair of Asos branded shoes so couldn't be sure).

Style Icon
    Any black chelsea/brogue/worker boots or some derby shoes would look good. I love my brown brogue boots with my black skinnies with a turn up. So shoot me!

Fashionisto
    i think brown shoes with black jeans CAN be pulled off, but its quite hard, and most people wont be able to, i don't think it looks good with every shade of brown and every type of shoe either...

black on black is a much safer choice

Black on black is a bit bland imo

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    Black on black is a bit bland imo
    I agree, with jeans or casual pants I prefer brown. It comes down to personal taste I guess

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd opt for black chelsea boots - a classic go-anywhere style that straddles the smart/casual divide with effortless style with a hint of rock and roll heritage; think The Beatles. The absolute best thing for slim/skinny black trousers in my opinion.

And remember - black and brown makes a frown!

+ Reply to Thread