FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Style Icon

Grey And Navy

I was thinking of wearing this blazer (it's the guy on the right):

TopMan Autumn Winter 2011 topman-2

With navy chinos, a light blue oxford, brown brogue boots and a burgandy, polka dot pocket square and maybe a red wollen tie.

However, I'm a little unsure about combining grey with navy or blue of any kind for some reason. Maybe it's the grey trousers, navy blazer cliche you see on so many old men.

What do you guys think of this combination?
    Last edited by Nath6644; 17-04-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Fashionisto
    Grey is a neutral colour so will pretty much pair well with any other non neutral colour... I think.

Style Icon
    Grey and blue work great together in my opinion, and I've worn a very similar outfit to that before.

Nat

Style Icon
    It'll work. What I like about it is the way it inverts the "old man" combo of grey trousers and navy blazer..plays with a classic combo a bit. It's good thinking. And in any case, if it fits well, and you accessorise cleverly, then it will look pukka whatever. Do it. Let us know how you get on!

Style Icon
    I wore it and it looked quite dapper.

I also chose to swap the brogue boots for Tan brogues and give the sockless thing a try for the first time this year. Looked really good, I think =)

Jay

Style Icon
    I've never been a fan of grey and navy. It can feel a little staid and safe. I think monochromatics work best with touches of very bright colouring as the contrast really makes the colour pop. Green works particularly well, but basically any bright colour worn with greys is a winner.

+ Reply to Thread