FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Mens Sports Jackets

I'm looking for these J Crew and Topman jackets which I got on a GQ article linked from the sport jacket article on this site. If anyone can find them I'd be very grateful. Thanks

www.twitter.com/electroRoss

geo

Trend Setter
    The topman one is not on their website which is odd - guessing it is a new piece that GQ have had access to early and no doubt will be appearing online soon no doubt.

I hope so anyway, because it looks very good, especially coming from Topman - much more expensive looking than it is. Though I'd imagine it looks as if the model's had it altered to fit quite close to the body so the alterations make a difference.

Grateful if you could let me know if you do see it appear and I shall do the same...shall no doubt be checking fairly regularly!

Sam

Style Icon
    Never mind alteration - oftentimes they just safety pin the back of them in photo shoots.

Style Icon
    Sam's right, they often do it on the Mannequins in shop windows too. It's annoying how perfectly fitted some of the clothes seem to be, yet when you try them on they often tend to look a lot frumpier.

Trend Setter
    I'm checking the Topman website on a daily basis. I emailed their customer services and they weren't much help. They just sent me a generic response explaining that many items sell out quickly and that they are unable to confirm dates that items return to stock. I have noticed that on the GQ website someone has commented to say that Topman told him that it wasn't their item.

J Crew were more helpful, they told me the item number and that the item was extremely popular and had sold out.

I'm aware that I may have to alter any item that I buy and although i may be influenced by the fit in the images, I love the wide peaked lapels on the Topman jacket and the fabric colour.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

+ Reply to Thread