FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

For me, this is very good, but as always, it is just my preferences:

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    But the street style section already does include links to high street items similar to those in the photos, no? (For most looks at least.)

Personally, I think the guy in the above photo could find a shirt that actually fit, and the glasses and jacket are too cliche. (Hello, Andy Warhol.) I don't have a problem with the turn ups. Horses for courses, and all that.

Over all though, I find the street style section the most useful part of the site and I've probably made more purchases from things I've spotted then than on any other part of the site.
    Oh I think it's great the street style section included similar items like that (apart from when it's obvious what brand the item of clothing is). My suggestion was for looks which actually incorporate items available in store today. It would extremely useful in order to assess the fit of the items as well.

Regarding the turn-ups, they're a bit too thick for me personally. I guess the larger turn-ups might suit the biker look, although the posture ruins any attempt at ruggedness. It's only a photo though, and I agree with Will that we shouldn't assess the clothes on the basis of the photographers direction. It's like when people I know have refused to buy All Saints clothes because the models look depressed. It's not something that will affect my decision in any way possible.

Camel toe.

Last edited by _Ben_; 20-04-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Agreed in all regards. Jay and Ben. And 'Shorts. Which is what I'll be calling you now. We'll see if it doesn't catch on.
    You are welcome to call me "Shorts," if you would like to. Most say Winter. I really should have gone with my name, as most people here just rock their name. To keep this response on subject I have to say that I have felt somewhat turned off by fashion and fashion journalism recently, I have been trying to find a new way to think about it all.

Fashionisto

not from this site, but things could get a lot worse!

totally not my type of style.. that is.. rrrr!

I think the street style section is the most interesting part of the site, it has variety! To many of the articles stick to the smarter is better mantra of fashion which is just dull (identikit chinos, blazer and brogues, no thanks). It would be great to see more regional UK style displayed though, it's all a bit London centric (although I understand that is natural).

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    It would seem from comments that posture and subject have quite a bearing on the overall success of an image/look. Many people have noted the quite frankly ridiculous poses being pulled and the chap in Ben's post has an absolutely horrendous posture, but his look can work, it is a outfit that can be adapted to fit another's style.

Posture makes all the difference and it is perhaps the photographic license that makes a hash of the look rather than the other way around. Perhaps we should ALL endeavour to look past what is obvious and try to appreciate what is underneath. Outfit inspiration can come from the most unlikely places; I for example decided on an entirely new outfit, using the items I already own, whilst standing around at work today and taking inspiration from some chap that had at least tried but wasn't quite there with his own outfit.
    I agree with this statement of william posture really makes all the difference, lets just know how to appreciate.
    HTML Code:
    <a href="http://www.digmylook.com/homes/index/voted">hot modelsr</a>|<a href="http://www.digmylook.com/looks/inspiredlooks/voted">fashion blogs</a>|<a href="http://www.digmylook.com/">fashion websites</a>

MW3_lid

this person is the best imo, anyone know what that dangling chain/tags thing is? they tend to have writing on. seen this quite a bit, assume it's some skateboarding look but no idea what they're called so impossible to shop for it. would go well with my jeans.

Jay

Style Icon
    Horses for courses I guess, but that looks about as dull and uninteresting a look as I can imagine.

Style Icon
    I wouldn't say it's completely uninteresting (the jacket works well with the shoes and the colour scheme of the 'Supreme' hat), but I used to wear a chain like that on my jeans when I was 11 years old, and it still looks just as awful.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last