FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Input Concerning An Outfit?

Up at these hours looking for an outfit for the upcoming Saturday, an i'm feeling drained. The reason being i'm trying to put together an outfit like this:

http://img.reiss.co.uk/downloads/Image/product/lookbook/large/4.jpg

I'll be at an indoor party so the jacket i don't need, and i have brown brogues already (typical) so thats fine. The pants i can find surely (brown pants, not a big ask, even chinos) but the jumper, its giving me a headache.

It's just a very neutral, flowing outfit, and the jumper being plain, but with character is what i really love. The price however, i do not. I'm trying to find an alternative for around 40. So i ask, do you guys know of such an item, or can offer an alternative style that will still work. Thank you.

FashionBeans Staff
    That jumper is a linen/cotton mix and surprisingly loose fitting, its also quite thin. so you'll struggle to find something similar I would imagine, certainly on a tighter budget.

You might be better off looking for a standard crew neck jumper from Zara or H&M.

Sam

Style Icon
    Zara do this:

Which is fairly different to the Reiss one but is "plain, but with character" as you ask. 39.99 too, so I've undercut your ideal price by a good penny

Edit: Alas, turns out it's only available in XL, which is likely not your size. Still, an example of the sort of alternative you could use.

Sam

Style Icon
    These on Asos:

35 and 32. Plain crew necks with interesting knits.

Fashionisto
    Cheers for the help guys, been one of the most daunting tasks i've set myself in awhile concerning clothes shopping.

I am only a small, so fitting into an XL would be like me wearing a bed sheet hahaha, i bet some people could pull that look off, not me however.

The blue Asos one seems to be an alright substitute i think? (maybe, am i wrong?) I've got a week anyway to rummage through liverpool city centre, and progress further into the online domain.

I can also push the budget a bit guys if you find one like it close enough, but 50-60 is my limit.

EDIT: Found this literally just as i posted, weird.
    http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2012/189529/629558/COLOURED%2BTWISTED%2BYARN%2BSWEATER

Could that fit in? Or is it far too bold and bright? I'm absolutely clueless it seems with imaging an outfit in my head.
    Last edited by Anthony; 22-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Style Icon
    I have that Zara one in a blue and I love it. It's almost a carbon copy of the Damien knit from Reiss, bar the fact it isn't ribbed and has the seam lines. For some reason, it looks pretty great tucked in too (which usually looks awful on medium-chunky knits). I've yet to wear it out though because of the weather.

I am a small too, and IMHO it could be slightly smaller in the chest. Zara only start their jumpers in a size medium, which is medium in chest, but a small in length (as far as high-street sizing goes). The neck could be slightly smaller too if I were to be really picky.
    It is a great jumper for the price though, and like most of Zara's current stock is really in fashion at the moment. They really pulled a blinder this season.

It may be a tad bright for your outfit though. Certainly if the weather turns you will look very bright, unless you pair it with navy blues, which will balance the look a lot. It looks awesome under a blue double breasted (cotton) suit with no top on underneath. For an indoor party it will certainly get you noticed.

EDIT: there is, as Sam posted, this from Asos (this time in blue) which is similar to the Zara one, less flattering in length, but not as bright. http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Twiste...rt=-1&clr=Blue
    Last edited by _Ben_; 22-04-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Sam

Style Icon
    Just pick the colour you like the most; if you're only pairing it with brown trousers and a neutral polo, as in the Reiss look you quote, then you can get away with pretty much anything.

+ Reply to Thread