FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I have just bought a pair of blue-grey suede brogues from TKMax which would work.

Almost makes me wish that I liked white trousers now! Maybe I can yet be convinced...
    If I recall your post in the "look what I just bought" topic, your shoes are reasonably similar to mine. A month or so ago there was an article here about white trousers, on which I commented that I didn't really like the idea. A month down the line and I ended up getting some anyway, though it was pretty much an obvious choice dictated by the fact that the shoes have white contrast soles and laces (I was going to get the same shoes in beige, but they were out). White trousers put some boldness into your outfit, but aren't as hard work in as other bright colours, so I think they're worth trying so long as you don't have all your combinations with those shoes worked out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    I really want some white trousers to wear with this blazer: Product Detail | H&M GB

It's just the impracticality that puts me off. I might have to wait until the weather is nice and sunny before I think about buying some.
    I've had a similar issue so far, and I've not worn them out yet because of the weather. I would say it's worth trying them still - once I tried them on with everything I was planning I was finally convinced it was worth it even with the impracticality thoughts in the back of my mind. Incidentally I was considering buying that exact same blazer (I never wear blazers, but the price, simple design, easy to use colour, and my love of all things double-breasted pushed me heavily towards doing so), but by the time I got to the store to try the shoes and trousers they didn't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by antonclark221 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    The colours that you are thinking are the ones that have crossed my mind
    But the one the strikes me of the above comments is the brown / tan options
    I have a lot of tan shoes but can't imagine them to go with white,
    Would they go better with a more off white?
    Thanks
    Anton
    That was my thought too, though looking at a few pictures through Google Images, it's not as crazy as it seems. Still I would personally stick to a darker brown to keep the attention drawn to the trousers. A bit of a small picture, but this was the kind of shade I was thinking of:

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-B View Post
    How boring Brown brown brown. Maybe blue desert boots for casual, or even dark red ones. Add a bit of colour to your life. Or if you're crazy like me wear white daps/plimsoles and bright socks, red or ice blue maybe. Of course it depends what you will be wearing on the top half of your body. IMO it's good to match the shoes to something else, like a shirt/polo/jumper, so you would need to pick out one of the colours from the top item. Yes I know I'm crazy but at least you would look bright and chearful. Keep your brown shoes for more formal wear. IMO white trousers are more casual than formal. OK I'll shut up now.
    I do agree with you, and my own purchases in relation to white trousers have followed a similar pattern. At the same time though, especially if the OP is looking for shoes he can use for other outfits, brown is a simple choice and is at least more interesting than black.

Nat

Style Icon
    Thanks Paul - useful post. I am coming round to the idea, and the outfit in that pic you posted looked awesome!

One question though - trousers or jeans? Or even chinos?! Can you recommend a good place to get them?

Also (ok, so this is turning into several questions...) do they end up looking very grubby very quickly?! I would hate that...

I wore white jeans to Glastonbury last year, along with white trainers and a white t-shirt. COME AT ME BROS.

Nat, they do obviously get dirt on them easily, you will need to wash after each wear (unless you're very good at keeping clean)

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Thanks Paul - useful post. I am coming round to the idea, and the outfit in that pic you posted looked awesome!

One question though - trousers or jeans? Or even chinos?! Can you recommend a good place to get them?

Also (ok, so this is turning into several questions...) do they end up looking very grubby very quickly?! I would hate that...
    Depends how you're wearing them as to what style, but chinos or trousers will be the best option if you're going for smart-casual. Most high street stores will probably have them these days, but I got mine at H&M specifically, and I'm pleased with the quality and fit.

And whilst I haven't worn them out yet, I can imagine I'll be checking everything I sit on to make sure it's suitably clean I think in the end you just have to be a little more careful than you would with darker jeans etc.

oyster grey. You'll never look back.

tajdon
    I would say a brown colour of shoe. Preferably a tan sort of colour would look good I think

Last edited by tajdon; 08-05-2012 at 02:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread