FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Shoes To Go With White Trousers?

Hello forum!

I am a massive fan of white jeans/trousers and I am looking for a nice fitting pair as we speak.
    But the thing that puts me off of buying them is the fact that I am unsure of what shoes would go with them.
    I like smart things and will probably opt for trousers over jeans.

Apart from the obvious black pair of shoes, can anyone suggest any shoes that would go with them or any shoes that are online now?

Thanks for your help!

Anton

Style Icon
    Brown/tan/oxblood pair of penny loafers would be perfect, even better in suede!

Trend Setter
    as above brown loafers would look nice, as would a pair of brown double monkstrap shoes.

Fashionisto
    If you want something you can use with other clothing, dark brown will be good. I'd personally steer away from lighter coloured shoes as white trousers are quite bold to start with, but in the end you'll have to make the judgement on what your limit is. As mentioned by Nath, suede will work well too if you don't mind being a little more casual.

Should you be okay with something less compatible, there are various colours you could choose from, as after all white goes with just about whatever you like. Blue is once again a popular colour this year, and I've seen quite a few versions of various styles of shoes in blue suede this season.

Nat

Style Icon
    Such a good shout Nath - oxblood loafers would look sick. But go all out and go for tassle loafers imo....very continental....

I have just bought a pair of blue-grey suede brogues from TKMax which would work.

Almost makes me wish that I liked white trousers now! Maybe I can yet be convinced...

Style Icon
    I really want some white trousers to wear with this blazer:

Product Detail | H&M GB

It's just the impracticality that puts me off. I might have to wait until the weather is nice and sunny before I think about buying some.

Thanks for the replies guys!
    The colours that you are thinking are the ones that have crossed my mind
    But the one the strikes me of the above comments is the brown / tan options
    I have a lot of tan shoes but can't imagine them to go with white,
    Would they go better with a more off white?
    Thanks
    Anton

FashionBeans Staff
    brown, brown, brown, brown, brown. If in doubt go with brown. brown will work much better than black because black is for black tie and funerals and possibly business attire, oxblood is good but just go for brown.

Style Icon
    Oxblood. You'll never look back.

How boring Brown brown brown. Maybe blue desert boots for casual, or even dark red ones. Add a bit of colour to your life. Or if you're crazy like me wear white daps/plimsoles and bright socks, red or ice blue maybe. Of course it depends what you will be wearing on the top half of your body. IMO it's good to match the shoes to something else, like a shirt/polo/jumper, so you would need to pick out one of the colours from the top item. Yes I know I'm crazy but at least you would look bright and chearful. Keep your brown shoes for more formal wear. IMO white trousers are more casual than formal. OK I'll shut up now.

+ Reply to Thread