FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Question Which Suit For High School 'Prom'?

Hey guys,

Been visiting this site for a while now, only just joined the forums though.
    At the end of next month I've got to go to my 6th form's leaver's do, and as much as I dislike the whole American highschool, preppy prom thing, I still want to go to give everybody a send off.

Now, since it's formal, I'm after a suit; however, I'm a little stuck as to where to look for a skinny fitting suit that doesn't cost too much (Up to 150, maybe a little over depending on its versatility). I'm not really after a tux, since I'll only wear it once and it'll look a little 'try hard'ish in such a context. I know Topman have some decent skinny suits, but when 80% of the guys there will be wearing one from there, I'd rather avoid it if possible (unless there's some way I can make it different). I'm probably going to go for a penny collar shirt, maybe a collar bar if it looks alright, pocket square maybe, but without over doing it.

I've seen pictures of how badly guys my age can go wrong at these affairs, looking like accessories for the girls and drowning in their jackets, so I'm trying to avoid it if I can! (Hope that doesn't sound too arrogant)

So yeah, any suggestions as to where to start looking for a nice suit? I'm a little shorter than average, not skinny but pretty slim if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Get on Asos mate, great skinny suits on there

FashionBeans Staff
    Agree with Pins, if you want a skinny suit, go to Asos.

Cheers I'll take a look! Also saw some nice ones in the Reiss sale, (no way could I afford them full price!), but might go to the store tonight and see how the overall fit is before buying online.

+ Reply to Thread