FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

All Saints Chinos

After about a year or so my H&M chinos are looking a bit knackered so I'm thinking of finding a replacement, and All Saints ones (although quite expensive) seem to fit the bill. Just wondered if anyone had any prior experience with them quality/fit wise?

These are the ones I'm considering:

Mens Chinos | Filter Chino | AllSaints

Mens Chinos | Mitre Chino | AllSaints

Any help would be much appreciated!

Got 3 pairs of the Filters, they are wicked, very skinny mind.

FashionBeans Staff
    There was a massive discussion on this on the "Look What I Just Bought" thread, I seem to remember the consensus being that the Filter chino was quite skinny and the Mitre slightly less so. Not sure about the quality.

Style Icon
    I thought they looked fab on the site but when I actually went into the shop and picked them up, i asked myself, "why do these cost nearly 60 more than Topman ones which are fine" (aside from the ghastly buttons but they can be changed).

I'm prepared to be told I'm wrong though =)
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Trend Setter
    Not too keen on the mitre.

I have the cannon in oxblood and I love them and the filter in taupe. The filter are very skinny though. As for quality the filter appear to be of excellent quality. They feel really nice and soft (have 2% elastane so they are really comfy too) and have a nice chambray detail on the inside.

Are they worth the extra money.... in my opinion, the filters yes and the cannons I'm not so sure. I have owned the topman ones in the past and didnt care much for the quality of them and I was in between waist sizes so they didnt fit correctly.

Fashionisto
    Hmm, I'm more inclined to go for the Mitre ones then, as I'm not so sure if super skinny is quite my style. Thanks for the help guys!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Hmm, I'm more inclined to go for the Mitre ones then, as I'm not so sure if super skinny is quite my style. Thanks for the help guys!
    I would go for the cannon over the mitre. They are a nice slim fit and not too skinny if that is what you are looking for.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post
    I would go for the cannon over the mitre. They are a nice slim fit and not too skinny if that is what you are looking for.
    But I'm not too sure on the colour, I was looking for more of a beige but the cannon only comes in khaki. I might take a trip down to one of their stores to have a look and see the difference. Thanks a bunch for the help though, never shopped at All Saints before but going by this site I've been missing out.

Style Icon
    You certainly have been missing out. I hasten to add that I think this collection isn't as good as their previous ones, which suggests a lot - in my opinion - about the bar they have raised in high-street fashion.

I have been tempted by their chinos too, however I have yet to be convinced I need to pay the price outside of sales. I have a pair of idahos and I wish I hadn't bought them as the fit is pretty awful (damn drop-crotch).

Trend Setter
    The quality of All Saints chinos vs. Topman & Burton is quite substantial in my opinion. If you compare them side by side you can tell the All Saints ones are cut from superior cloth and they don't fade in the wash like Topman ones. The fit is far nicer and they don't crease up and look dreary after a few wears. This really is a case of you get what you pay for.

I have 2 pairs of Filter and 2 pairs of Cannon, probably the 2 best fitting chinos I've ever seen All Saints produce. I have a feeling those Mitre ones are going to be quite baggy. Just order a few pairs and return the ones you don't like, return using a mail bag instead of the bulky cardboard box, so it won't cost you as much.
    You Must Create

+ Reply to Thread