FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Hahaha, well I'm only here Monday to Wednesday right now, so I guess I have more of a Uni crowd around me anyway. I'll dress it down to a shirt/jumper combo for the bars, and leave anything else for when I'm back in Manchester.

When I get a mo, I'll start a thread somewhere (possibly "lifestyle" section) about the good spots in Manchester. Maybe others can add their cities too..

FashionBeans Staff
    Whenever I go out I tend to avoid anything nice. All the clubs in Brighton are a little dirty and you WILL get coke spilt on you at some point. Cleaning that out is never fun. I'll look different from the usual oiks but thats because I won't wear a tonic scoop tee or anything with Ramskull out and my Jeans are MUCH tighter than those worn by everyone else.

generally if people say i'm trying hard i agree with them!

here we are on a forum for men's fashion afterall. i find the more easy going you are about people's attitudes to your style the more they come to identify it as a part of you and who you are. i don't tend to tone things down too much, though i will wear converse and jeans for comfort's sake, but my personal style is to dress quite formally and that's what my friends are used to.

i think it also depends on where you live, in london there'll always be someone more dressed up.

the only thing that does bother me is the small town homophobia towards any guy making any effort with clothes, if i'm home where i grew up you can have that whole culture where people get quite nasty towards anyone looking any way different whatsoever...

new poster, been following for a little while and putting together a basic wardrobe after dropping some weight.

for the first time, a friend noted my change in clothes, used to be a logo t-shirt, bootcut jeans and high-tops whatever the situation - blue and white horizontal stripe t-shirt, yellow-ish chinos, brown brogues with hidden socks - as being "half french, half old man, but in a good way". my brother still gives me stick for the blazer and pocket square, but sod it - i love them.

Fashionisto
    Wow. A girl thought you were gay because you dress well? That’s pretty sad when you think about it.

We live in a strange world. There are plenty of football matches where you can hear fans shouting: “you fat bleep” at a professional footballer. You look around and half of them are overweight and look pregnant. The point I’m making: people are hypocrites.

I just wear whatever I want. I don’t care what people think. Then again, I’m a laid back guy and I look around and sometimes I see people wearing incredibly odd things. But you know what? If they feel comfortable in that then that’s all that matters.

My own style is very minimalistic. I don’t really do logos or writing on my t-shirts/jeans or jumpers. For example, those HENLEY jeans with the giant writing on the arse are just terrible. But you know what? If you want to wear them then go ahead. It’s your choice. I’ve seen plenty of guys and girls who dress incredibly well. I’ve seen plenty who don’t in my eyes. But hey, they obviously feel comfortable so fair play.

There’s nothing wrong with playful banter which happens between a group of guys – and it certainly happens between me and my friends. We’ve all worn things from time to time which may raise an eyebrow. That’s all good with me!
    Last edited by likeeatingglass; 06-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Fashionisto
    ^well said

+ Reply to Thread