FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Do These Go Together?

hey, im new round here and just looking for a quick answer. sorry in advance if this is the wrong section for this post or whatever

normally dress quite street/chavy, and wanting to get more into fashion and smarter. want some smart shoes and smarter jeans without brands plastered all over them. dont really want vans and chinos as everyone is wearing those atm <_<

so just wondering if these jeans and shoes go together? Thanks

BANK Fashion - Voi Jeans*Flip Lace Ups

BANK Fashion - Rivington Denim*Utility Pocket Jeans - Reg

Fashionisto
    They propably would go together okay, but if you're working towards a smarter look, I'd stay well clear of those jeans! They're really chavy! Try Topman or River Island for a pair of dark straight or slim fit jeans, with 4 pockets MAX! (They're right around the same price of the Rivington ones) But remember you aren't going to get the quality that you'd get with Levi's etc.

These seem pretty versatile, Indigo Wash Vintage Slim Jeans - Slim & Straight Jeans - Mens Jeans - Clothing - TOPMAN
    Happy shopping,
    Joel.

Fashionisto
    really don't like the jeans in the 1st post....

btw, jeans usually have 5 pockets

Nat

Style Icon
    Check the series on fashion basics - Men's Fashion Basics - Fashion Advice For Beginners By Fashionbeans.com

It's really useful for beginners and will get you thinking along the right lines

Trend Setter
    I would definitely give those jeans a wide birth! If you're looking to improve your look then get a slim or straight leg, and try and spend a bit more if your budget allows it. Jeans are something that you definitely get what you pay for, the more you spend the longer they'll last (cheap denim tends to lose its shape) plus if you pick a classic cut it will never date.

If you're on a tight budget then I would recommend ASOS / Topman etc or if you can stretch it a bit then All Saints make good quality jeans for the money OR if you have 80+ then check out the likes of Nudie Jeans and Edwin which will last you a life time unless you get fat and can't squeeze into them anymore! Even then they'll sell for good money on eBay unlike the cheaper brands which have no resale value.
    You Must Create

yeah i've got to agree. The shoes are great but go with something a bit more simple on the pants. A slimmer cut jean/pant HOME | Alex Maine has some awesome pants, they are jeans cut but made out of like softer material

tajdon
    Ugh. I am not digging those jeans, sorry

Last edited by tajdon; 31-05-2012 at 02:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread