FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Anyone Into Mad Trainers?

It's a little fetish of mine... I wear grown up shoes 99% of the time, but if I'm going to a rave or a festival, the dayglo nikes are bound to make an appearance.

Anyway, I just saw these online, and I thought I'd share, see what opinions are etc

I think I'm in love...

Fashionisto
    Too crazy for me personally, but I think they'll work great for raves etc. What else would you wear with them though?

MW3_lid
    Not a big fan of bright looking shoes really or anything high. Bring too much attention to yourself which isn't my style. also i have size 11 feet, meaning anything other than darker colours tends to make me feet look massive.

Quote Originally Posted by paul-b View Post
    Too crazy for me personally, but I think they'll work great for raves etc. What else would you wear with them though?
    I've found that you badically just wear anything with them.

I have these ones:

And I recently wore them raving in berlin with (wait for it):

Skintight light wash jeans, cuffed, with mustard hiking socks
    A grey all saints scoop tee with a burgundy pocket square in the chest pocket, and this cardigan:

I got so many compliments from random people and sexy girls

Style Icon
    Can't say I'm a fan. Maybe when I was 12 if I'm honest.

Then again, you can't really trump these:

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm not into anything that crazy but I did have a brief phase of bright hi tops. I've found that my style, even when at its most relaxed, warrants something a little more subtle.

Style Icon
    I have a pair of these:

Harrison Hi Top

However I am finding it a lot harder to wear them because I certainly tend to dress a lot smarter.

Oh, I do dress smarter most of the time. Certain times, however, it's good to have fun with it. You can't go to raves / festivals etc wearing that ubiquitous (and now quite tiring) brogues and blazer.

Subtlety is great, but it is variety that creates interest.

Trend Setter
    I would have to agree with you Pin Money. I think alot of the posters on this forum seem to think that one has to dress smart all the time in order to look
    good, ie if you are not wearing a blazer, brogue and Oxford shirt combo or elegant knit then you look scruffy or like the rest of the public. As they say
    Variety is the spice of life. I would get so bored if I confined myself to looking über smart all of the time. You can still like good wearing a scoop neck tshirt
    and funky shoes with the right combinations and accessorys. I'm
    sure someone will retort "oh but I my blazers come in all different colours and so do my shirts" and that you can add variety to dressing smart. I like to mix it up. Each to their own I guess.

Trend Setter
    I am! I play basketball, so I'm familiar with the Blake Griffin Hyperdunks you've posted.. I literally only wear basketball shoes for hooping in though. I play 3 times per week, and currently in rotation I have...

OP, check out SoleCollector.com --> best basketball / sport shoe blog out there

+ Reply to Thread