FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    geo

Trend Setter

The 'Perfect' Navy Blazer

I'm currently looking for a navy blazer - preferably in cotton, so that is casual enough to wear with jeans/chinos as this how I usually wear blazers, but smart enough so that it still looks classic.

It also needs to be a single vent ideally, and 2 button fastening, with a slim cut - but not so ultra short like some of the skinny ones.

Also, I am a chest size 36 and despite seeing several I like such as one by Massimo Dutti, does not have my size.

Any recommendations? I guess I would benefit from taking it to the tailors to get it tweaked if I want it taken in to be tighter fitting etc.?

The annoying thing is, I have a light sky blue cotton blazer from Reiss which is about 2 years old and fits near perfectly off the peg, but have yet to find one from them/any other brand that fits the same and is the right style/colour. Either the style is too much of a worsted wool suit material so too formal, or they don't have my size! I'm checking everywhere online and just cannot seem to find one to my liking..despite looking from low to high end.

Please help.

Sam

Style Icon
    I'm strapped for time but check Yoox.com - they have a lot of European-style fashion, which should provide the cut you're after, although most of it is likely to be double vented which, let's face it, is no great distinction.

geo

Trend Setter
    Thanks, I have looked on there before and just now and once more any that seem okay do not appear to be in my size and most that are seem too much of a dark dark blue/black colour rather than actual navy.

I have come across one that seems ok, in an unlikely place - does anyone know what Jack Wills Blazers are like and if anyone could recommend them. Also, for a chest 36 inches, would I be XS or S?

The Colmworth Blazer | Jack Wills

Sam

Style Icon
    I couldn't tell you about the sizing but Jay bought a tweed from there and I recall he was very pleased with it, so go for it.

Jay

Style Icon
    Yeah, I absolutely love my Jack Wills tweed blazer; the quality and fit is simply superb. I have way too many blazers and that is the one I pull out of the wardrobe most often. I'm a 36" chest and the XS fits me as if it had been made to measure.

+ Reply to Thread