FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Oh, and I've always been suprised at the reaonable price of All Saints jeans, too. Quite disproportionate to their other items.

Sam

Style Icon
    I always thought the price and quality of Allsaints jeans were perfectly in line with their other stuff. Just me?

Anyway, I can't comment properly because I only own one pair of quality jeans at the minute - from Allsaints. And they don't quite fit, which was a mistake. But I am told and have found in the past that Nudies are excellent, they do a variety of fits and the quality of the denim is really good.

Trend Setter
    No tailor can replicate how the denim was originally cut, if you take them up or in, then you adjust how they hang and if they were distressed in any way the design will be altered. You will also be hard pushed to find a tailor who can chain stitch the hems, I believe there is like one place in London that can do it. Just pick a brand that cater for all leg lengths and sizes like Nudie they do just about every size possible.

I own some All Saints jeans and their pretty decent quality, I place them in between ASOS/Topman quality and high end like Diesel/Nudie etc. Their pretty good value for money, especially if you get them in the sale.

Trend Setter
    Im looking to invest in some new jeans soon, few brands and fits that have caught my eye are Tellason, Fallow and Edwin. As far as allsaints, id say the quality is very good, compared to there other products they are on the cheaper/more affordable side. Slightly out of kilter with there other stuff.

Trend Setter
    I know that the excellent Denim Doctor does chain stitching but I agree with Tone, go for best fit first...

I can vouch for Nudie's quality having owned 5 pairs of them. However, look at the denim weights. this will be of particular importance if you wish to foray into the wonderful world of raw denim.

Edwin are my current favourites. A pair of Edwin Selvedge will set you back roughly £110. however, i must stress that just because denim is selvedge DOES NOT necessarily mean it is better quality denim.

Do not write off the old classics such as Wrangler and Lee, especially the blue bell collection and 101 or gold.

APC. Nuff said.

Also I must say that naked&Famous have been putting some interesting stuff out. I had a pair of Weird Guys in a green selvedge that were pretty cool.

+ Reply to Thread